I was trying to get two worlds going at the same time. so on my new one, i changed the port setting in server config. But nada, so i tried my other server, nothing..... I searched here for anyone else with this prob. Nothing.

The way I would do it is:

in SocketOptions.cs

find:
public static readonly int Port = Config.Get("Server.Port", 2593);

change:
Config.Get("Server.Port", 2593)

to the port you want

ex.
public static readonly int Port = 2000;

note: This will bypass the .cfg file.

I have to agree with Voxpire and Tasanar. So I'm putting this back. If it weren't for having to find these types of things when I was setting up my first servers I wouldn't have learned to do much of anything...
See the post below if you want to see the other way to do it.

Last edited:
I would love to see a day where people would stop suggesting others to change the script files when there are cfg files for them..

I guess your cfg looks like this if you would want port 2000
Code:
# The Port to bind the Listener to.
# Default: 2593
@Port=2000

in that case remove the @ sign infront of Port

There may be Config files, but it's also good to know the roots of the options people are setting, else people lose sight of how their shard actually works and we end up with a lack of competent developers.

I'd suggest both explaining the Config option and the way it works, or the value it sets.

while I see your point Voxpire, there were cases where people then just changed the default / fallback value and wondered why it didnt work. Or they then later on tried to change the config and since they removed the reading part of the config it too was useless after that.

The ones that would go and script / programm would probably find out how to change these settings without the config files too.

Wish the configs were just removed. Hurts new users by not tinkering with the scripts (how I learned)

And hurts the old timers just coming back.

Also some of the config Specially for port does not actually work as it is suppost to, i have used the config MANY times and it still auto-defaults back to 2593 untill i change the port in the code itself, for some odd reason it is not reading from the config file but from the script instead.

Back