ServUO Version
Publish Unknown
Ultima Expansion
Age Of Shadows
Hello, i've just tried to run server and i cant connect locally im stuck in the connecting
but anyone who is not on the same computer can connect np, is there some setting im missing like dont allow local connect?

Have you tried connecting to your IP address (192.168.Whatever)?

Have you tried connecting to 127.0.0.1?

# The displayed name of the shard
Name=Elvis Pelvis
# The default setting for Address, a value of 'null', will use your local IP address.
# If all of your local IP addresses are private network addresses and AutoDetect is 'true'
# then ServUO will attempt to discover your public IP address for you automatically.
AutoDetect=true
# If you do not plan on allowing clients outside of your LAN to connect,
# you can set AutoDetect to 'false' and leave Address set to 'null'.
#
# If your public IP address cannot be determined, you must change the value
# of Address to your public IP address
# manually to allow clients outside of your LAN to connect to your server.
# Address can be either an IP address or a hostname that will be resolved
# when ServUO starts.
#
# If you want players outside your LAN to be able to connect to your server
# and you are behind a router,
# you must also forward TCP port 2593 to your private IP address.
# The procedure for doing this varies by manufacturer but generally involves
# configuration of the router through your web browser.
@Address=192.168.1.17
# The Port to bind the Listener to.
# Default: 2593
@Port=2593
AutoDetect=true
@Address=192.168.1.17
@Port=2593

Why not this? Shouldn't it detect all of your server's available IP addresses?

Name=Elvis Pelvis
AutoDetect=True
@Address=
@Port=2593

thats how i tried it at first, then tried adding the 127.... and my lan ip etc
So ya that one doesnt work either sadly

When you fired up the client, sometimes the Windows Firewall window appears and asks if you want to allow this program to access networks like Public, Private, etc. Did you accidentally not give it permission to do these things?

there was no pings for that, also disabled fw (even though i dont find it needed since its same computa and using loopback)
also just checked there's an exception in the firewall rules etc, probably done by installation automatically ..somehow:)

Last edited:
Read the readme file in the Config directory, then remove the @ from your cfg settings

Read the readme file in the Config directory, then remove the @ from your cfg settings
Hey thank you for your answers both of you, i read, removed the @ sadly to no avail. Again tried both loopback and the network ip
Hey thank you for your answers both of you, i read, removed the @ sadly to no avail. Again tried both loopback and the network ip
Name=Elvis Pelvis
AutoDetect=false
Address=
Port=2593 is the current setting

If everyone else outside your pc can connect but you cannot, then that is the opposite to the issues people usually have.

Do you see any connection attempt in the console when you try to login locally?

Make sure you are definitely using the correct ip to login (razor/steam/cuo), any ip that is displayed in the console as "listening" should allow you to connect; you can even try your own public ip.

I don't know if this is still an issue but.....are you using the same client for the server you are to log in with?

It is possible using the same directory is having issues with UOSteam, I also found if you have more than 1 client installed using UOsteam with any of the Auto detect functions can swap directories for data and cause issues.

Back