otimpyre submitted a new resource:

Celtic Desktop - This is an old classic favorite that I had repaired.

WARNING!! README
This includes a patcher that uploads directly to your Ultima Online default directory! Do NOT use unless you have a backup!

View attachment 941
This is only a small preview. Included in the download is
the original celtic desktop in a patcher form. This is automatic.
The fonts must be installed manually.
And the missing pieces which I have created. These must also be installed manually 1x1 into the gumps.mul.
The missing pieces included are the...

Read more about this resource...

I love the design, when i try running the patcher, it lets me choose my UO directory, when I run the patcher it then crashes. Using windows 10, no compatibility options are available for the patcher. Any suggestions? I also suspect it may not work well on the newer clients. So if thats the case I would need to use fidler and manually insert the gumps

I love the design, when i try running the patcher, it lets me choose my UO directory, when I run the patcher it then crashes. Using windows 10, no compatibility options are available for the patcher. Any suggestions? I also suspect it may not work well on the newer clients. So if thats the case I would need to use fidler and manually insert the gumps
You would have to convert the UOP files to mul patch then convert back to UOP also don't forget some of the pieces have to be installed manually the quest and guild buttons were added later. The Celtic desktop became obsolete then a patch was made. Then it was made obsolete then I added the fixes. And now with the UOP it has all been made obsolete unless you work around the problems.

in the past all desktop-patcher only works with verdata.mul.
verdata.mul was including many information for older clients and was not used since 4+ clientbuild. it was used for "quick and dirty" patch cause verdata overlay all other datafiles of uo.

all "new" desktops are pretty old ;)

Back