Greetings everyone and Happy New Year!

I recently tried to help someone convert the Malas map UOP file from the newest client to mul and edit it using CentrED+ 7.8 and 7.9.

I converted map3LegacyMUL.uop to map3.mul using UOFiddler, changed it to map0.mul. I also changed staidx3.mul to staidx0,mul, and statics3.mul to statics0.mul, and placed these three files in the updated Ultima Online Classic folder. After entering the information (language, port, map file,s etc) into cedserver.exe the program terminates.

I am no stranger to CentrED+ and have used it to modify the various maps for my RunUO server using an older client. I am able get cedserver.exe and CentrED+ working with this older client using the same CentrED and cedserver programs, and the same cedserver.xml file, and can edit the Malas map, but not with the newest client and files.

Is this a known issue, and is there a way to edit the newest server map files? If it is not possible, does anyone know the most recent client that works with CentrED+ 7.8 or 7.9?

Many thanks in advance for any help!

Yea hope I can follow on here with whats going on. Been trying for a few days to get mine working and it just closes after I have entered all the info in the console.
Is CentrED+ still the programme to use or is there anything else available now? I heard about some newer stuff but all I have is pandoras box / uo architect and uo fiddler.

It works just fine with latest client files. What's the problem and what are your settings? Use uop map and flag (format) 0x18 and you are good to go. If you want to edit map 1,2,3,4 or 5 just change prefix from 0 to number of your map. Also remember to put valid sizes in blocks in width/height.

Malas settings:

XML:
  <Map>
    <Map>map3LegacyMUL.uop</Map>
    <StaIdx>staidx3.mul</StaIdx>
    <Statics>statics3.mul</Statics>
    <Width>320</Width>
    <Height>256</Height>
    <Prefix>3</Prefix>
    <Format>0x18</Format>
  </Map>
  <Tiledata>tiledata.mul</Tiledata>
  <Radarcol>radarcol.mul</Radarcol>

Last edited:
It works just fine with latest client files. What's the problem and what are your settings? Use uop map and flag (format) 0x18 and you are good to go. If you want to edit map 1,2,3,4 or 5 just change prefix from 0 to number of your map. Also remember to put valid sizes in blocks in width/height.

Malas settings:

XML:
  <Map>
    <Map>map3LegacyMUL.uop</Map>
    <StaIdx>staidx3.mul</StaIdx>
    <Statics>statics3.mul</Statics>
    <Width>320</Width>
    <Height>256</Height>
    <Prefix>3</Prefix>
    <Format>0x18</Format>
  </Map>
  <Tiledata>tiledata.mul</Tiledata>
  <Radarcol>radarcol.mul</Radarcol>

That was it! Thank you so much! I did not have the correct format at all. For one thing, I was not aware that the newer version can read UOP files, so I had converted them to mul. For another I did not have the prefix entered. And finally, I did not know about 0x18. In short, I was doing everything wrong.

Happy New Year!

Last edited:
Back