Good evening ladies and gentlemen,
I have an issue. We were using the mondains legacy data as a base for our server. Their tiledata only reach 0x3fff. Recently we learned that it is possible to upgrade tiledata for the newer versions of stygian abyss/high seas. We upgraded to the newer format, we now see the slots in fidler/mulpatcher but we just cannot get centred to correcly show the new slots. We tried everything and killed three days with the issue. We even tried to download files of some other servers to see if their data worked (and thus we had wrong data), but we could not get the slots to show even with them. Anyone else encountered the issue? What should we do for centred to display correctly extended slots in tiledata? We are getting desperate since we now have almost 80 hours of fighting this issue.

We tried centred 6.1-6.3 and centred+.

We would be very glad if someone could help us out. We wish happy new year to everyone else.

Hi @lubinator. I can only help you if you're using CED+, as I haven't used CED in some years. Incidentally, if you aren't using CED+, now would be a good time to upgrade.

You'll want to edit or recreate your cedserver.xml file. Find this section of the code in cedserver.xml in your install folder in PEBinaries folder(your values in the section may be different):

Code:
<Map>
    <Map>map0.mul</Map>
    <StaIdx>staidx0.mul</StaIdx>
    <Statics>statics0.mul</Statics>
    <Width>896</Width>
    <Height>512</Height>
    <Format>0x0000000C</Format>
  </Map>

Where it says <Format> just copy paste the value in my code above into yours, and restart your CED+. Make sure your updated tiledata, art, etc muls are all in the correct folder for CED+ to read as well. This should solve your issue. Let me know if it doesn't - happy mapping!

Edit: You may have to use a different value than mine actually. I don't use the newest client, so it depends on what version you're running. Here is a link to the CED+ wiki where you can find the table for the proper value: http://dev.uoquint.ru/projects/centred/wiki/Start_and_server_setup

Thank you very much for your help. We had to work around many issues with the data and ended up adding everything over again. :( Anyways its done now.

Now we have another problem. We did what you said and first tried versions 6.02 and 6.03 which support high seas data. It showed up that they crash under linux. So we upgraded to centred+ as you recomended.

Now we have an issue that our map is displayed correctly, every tile how it is supposed to be. To problem is, that the search option in centred+ doesnt show all of the tiles. They are in the map but we cannot get them in the search option, as though they are not there.

Anybody experienced this with centred+? Would be glad for any info as always.

Ok, I searched the forum and found the answer, no need to answer..:)

Anyways thanks to the warm and helpful community of servuo!

Glad you figured it all out!

Hi M309 and @Hank -- We are having one hell of a time with Centred/Centred+ ... I have followed everything I can find on it, gone through the installations and nothing. I am wondering if I could get some assistance with trying to get this program working for our builders and if I cannot get out of the ditch of quicksand, perhaps commission someone who has more knowledge of this programs inner workings to come in and either assist our team in understanding it further or assist with its' deployment?

I have no program working through it and trying, trying, trying ... but after days and countless hours I am at a frustrated loss :(

Any help is deeply appreciated.

Thanks.

Regards,

C

Cheranbog, is it generating a cedserver.xml file when you go through the setup process? It should be located in the PEBinaries folder of your installation.

Cheranbog, is it generating a cedserver.xml file when you go through the setup process? It should be located in the PEBinaries folder of your installation.

Hi m309 - thank you for your reply. Yes it is, I can upload what that looks like if it is helpful? One thing I remember reading, as the documentation for Cent seems to be spread wide and far, is that someone mentioned hidden files needing to be deleted. I have no idea how valid or important that piece of information may be that I can no longer locate.

We are using a current client for UO and converting our UOP files to MUL for use with Cent - and then we would just convert them back for shard distro. I am wondering if our inability to keep the server running may be confined to either a bad format (0x??????) input and/or the tiledata.mul - but sadly we are drawing blanks and the documentation that more than one of us has reviewed doesn't shed much light either.

Looking forward to your thoughts and reply. Thanks for your help in advance.

C

+ @Lord Clay Of Aquinas to the conversation

Uploading that might help, yes.

The tileflag you should be using is: 0x0010

The hidden files are normally located on the machine of the install at: C:<Users<[User who installed or Public, Admin etc]<AppData[this file is normally hidden, you'll have to enable viewing hidden files]<Local<CentrED-plus

However, these are normally user specific files that save locally, to my knowledge they shouldn't affect running the server at all - only the client portion of CED+.

Server files can be located at: C:<ProgramFiles(x86)[default I believe]<uoquint.ru<CentrED+ unless you specifed a manual path.

Back