Hi everyone again,

i placed a champion spawn and was wondering why at the 2nd, 3rd and 4th level of it the spawn area are completely packed in a small area. Is there a specific adjustment i need to set so it will spawn in the proper area ? Thanks All !

Picture of Rank 2:

Champion Spawn Area.png

You need to set the spawn area. Type in [props and click the spawner (greyed out house sign) and set the region bounds.

I am fighting the new the champion turtle spawn I never seen it get that small. I have been with groups that beat the turtle spawn so I don't think this method is close to correct. and if you need proof ill show you a video of the turtle spawn getting its face kicked in on Atlantic shard

You need to set the spawn area. Type in [props and click the spawner (greyed out house sign) and set the region bounds.

I have set the area, the first wave is correct according to my settings. But after that it become way too small.

And i just left Atlantic few days ago and its true what dragon slayer2 is saying the spawn do not go that small.

Just trying it also make it impossible to not be targetted by 5-10 mobs at once.

The current logic is this:
Rank 1: Radius = Radius * 1
Rank 2: Radius = Radius * 0.75
Rank 3: Radius = Radius * 0.5
Rand 4: Radius = Radius * 0.25

These numbers were chosen to make the Despise spawn match up with what some folks were saying it should be. I have since gotten feedback that that spawn starts too large.

Can you give me expected radius numbers for all four ranks on the Dragon Turtle spawn? I can work backward from there.

The current logic is this:
Rank 1: Radius = Radius * 1
Rank 2: Radius = Radius * 0.75
Rank 3: Radius = Radius * 0.5
Rand 4: Radius = Radius * 0.25

If you give a try on the regular champion spawn the radius isn't working correctly. The first waves is good then all 3 others are on rank 4 size.

oh so its not just rank 2 and on its basically just calling rank 4.... now I understand.. I still haven't got the correct sizes but still best option would be make a special ranking for despise.

Thanks for the feedback folks! I'll continue to tweak the system. Right now we're still running Coon on the production shard as nobody has built anything but necromages so far :) That's probably why we haven't noticed the ranking problem. I'll have a patch to tweak this today.

Found the bug on spawn radius. What was actually happening is the initial spawn would be at 100%, and before you were half way through the first rank it would be down to 25%. I've fixed that so it should stair-step down as described. I have also altered the spawning behavior as follows:
  1. At least 3 of the required mobs will continue to spawn at the champion alter during the final wave of mobs. Before it only spawned just enough to summon the champ, so if you missed even one it blocked the champ from spawning.
  2. The number of mobs allowed to spawn at the champion altar is now based on the number of mobs present that are required to be killed to advance the current level of spawns. Before left-over lower level mobs would prevent the next wave from spawning.

Back