I am very new to coding in general and I apologize if this is a stupid question. I would like to change the MythicCharacterToken to let characters select 7 instead of 5 skills.
I changed the array Selected = new Skill[7]; and that seems to work properly but I want to change the text at the top of the gump.

AddHtmlLocalized(Width / 3, 45, (Width / 3) * 2, 20, 1152357, White, false, false); // <CENTER>Select Five Skills to Advance</CENTER>

This line appears to generate the text I want to change. Digging around I figured out that the number arg 1152357 seems to be what is giving the text but I cant figure out where to change the actual html.

I assume the reason this is done is to localize the language? Is there some dictionary somewhere that I can update that says: 1152357 = "Select Five Skills to Advance" ?

Thanks in advance, and sorry if I am just being dense.

change it to: AddHtml(Width / 3, 45, (Width / 3) * 2, 20, @"<basefont color=#FFFFFF><center>Select Seven Skills to Advance", false, false); // <CENTER>Select Five Skills to Advance</CENTER>

update: AddHtml doesn't support the text hue the same as Localized does:
AddHtml(int x, int y, int width, int height, string text, bool background, bool scrollbar)

I updated the code above to use basefont for the color

Last edited:
AddHtmlLocalized = clilocs only, which is the number 1152357.
clilocs are predesigned message built into the client

I kinda thought that would be the workaround. I guess its not worth it to change it in the client? Thank you.

It's a much bigger pain to change it in the client.
Plus then you have to give your edited files to anyone playing your shard for them to also see the changes.

Yeah, I see that. Thanks for pointing me to the cliloc files, Ill probably monkey around with them anyway just so I know how they work. But yeah, providing an update for my shard would be tedious right now. :)

Editing clilocs is trivial. UOFiddler makes it a very painless process. As for providing the custom client data, I feel like that's also pretty simple. If you've already made your server outward facing, you're just a few steps away from being able to provide direct download links.

Back