ServUO Version
Publish 58
Ultima Expansion
Endless Journey
I am able to trash items to get points, but i can't seem to find any cleanup officers anywhere. I thought they were at banks. I can't seem to find location info searching either. Should they be at banks or are they not spawning?

[add TheCleanupOfficer
Add them where-ever you like, but I believe prod. servers have them closeby the banks.
I havent been on for afew years so I cannot be sure.

Last edited:
You need to configure the cleanup officers manually. Also I had to manually add and lock down public trash cans.

Most of the server will configure with the [createworld menu, but this one is not included.

The other major things I have found in Pub 58 still needing attention is getting SA to spawn, manually adding xmlspawners for chaga mushrooms in the 2 SA caves, fixing SA mini-champ loyalty points, Despise Revamped spawn definitions. IMO exceptional weapons sell back to vendors for way too much gold in the standard D/L - I believe it happened as some of the Era support was stripped and a formula was left in place. Toning that down a bit is worth not leaving the new character from racking up millions of gold in a day without exploring the world. There are some bugs reported here with explanations how to fix several items that have not made it yet into the main pub 58 download, but those are easy enough to do manually by following the directions people have shared.

You need to configure the cleanup officers manually. Also I had to manually add and lock down public trash cans.

Most of the server will configure with the [createworld menu, but this one is not included.

The other major things I have found in Pub 58 still needing attention is getting SA to spawn, manually adding xmlspawners for chaga mushrooms in the 2 SA caves, fixing SA mini-champ loyalty points, Despise Revamped spawn definitions. IMO exceptional weapons sell back to vendors for way too much gold in the standard D/L - I believe it happened as some of the Era support was stripped and a formula was left in place. Toning that down a bit is worth not leaving the new character from racking up millions of gold in a day without exploring the world. There are some bugs reported here with explanations how to fix several items that have not made it yet into the main pub 58 download, but those are easy enough to do manually by following the directions people have shared.
Thanks for the update. I haven't tried going into SA yet. Are you saying ill have to add the spawners there manually? Like all of them?

There are probably 3-4 other posts in the Bug Report forum. The one that arvoreen mentions will fix most of all the SA content.

Here is what I have from my notes getting SA functional. The first 6 are needed, while 7-12 are either nice to have or improvements I found and made.
1) As for spawners, I added spawners in the 2 caves for chaga mushrooms. The cave in Tomb of Kings between the main hall that leads to the teleporter into SA is the first one. The second one is the Felucca ruleset cave that leads to the Primeval Lich spawn - that needs spawners for chaga mushrooms as well. I started to create a post for the adding the chaga mushroom spawners, intending to post that and got distracted by my summer vacation. ;)

Similarly there is #6 below, which is a simple change to a file. I will go look that up and try to get that posted under the Bug Reports for others to follow.

Bug reported solutions to follow:
2) Among the other issues discussed in the Bug Report forum are the Despise Revamped spawn and how to fix the file for that.

(not this one:) I was wrong about how to fix the Despise exit, so don't follow the bug report 'solution' there. It is an issue, but requires a better solution. Players can recall/sacred journey out of the dungeon. If they have neither skill, then it becomes a GM has to move their character out of the dungeon, since there is no way to simply walk out. This is only an issue when they do not complete the quest by either beating the boss or when their pet dies in that scenario - where they are automatically teleported out of the dungeon.The problem with my initial proposal is that it creates a way for players to go into Despise, link up the pet and then march out of the dungeon with their Despise pet - which is inappropriate for game play.

These next few can be fixed by using the code from the TrueUO codebase on Github:
3) There is a mailbox issue and how to correct that.
4) There is the Shrine of Singularity Quest that needs an update.

5) Ter Mur bank has no banker NPC's - so I manually added those.
6) Manually add the spawner for the Silver Sapling tree that gives the resurrection seeds. I could only find the graphic for the tree trunk, but not the leaves. I have it fixed where the SA generation will add the tree trunk, but haven't posted the file where it is fixed [yet]. ;)
7) Only some creatures in SA/Underworld/TerMur have Queen's Loyalty points. I had to add those myself by expanding the list.
8) Players who have some authority (EM, GM, Owner) can't exit Tomb of Kings using the sparkles, because normal players are the only ones allowed from the code. This is really not a big deal because you can recall/sacred journey out or simply use the '[go x y z' command as the augmented access accounts. Furthermore, you wouldn't be playing the game as those augmented users - that role is intended to fix things or assist players who are having difficulty. The code is supposed to check if the player is not a monster to activate the teleport sparkles, but the code tests if the player is a normal player.

I have run through all the spawn in SA/Underworld/Tomb of Kings for mini-champs and bosses except for Stygian Dragon, Dragon Turtle and Primeval Lich. Each one I did was successful. I just never made time to test these 3, so I can't vouch for these. I did Slasher of Veils, Medusa and each of the mini-champs.

I did not test quests (other than Shrine of Singularity quest to enter SA dungeon).

Cosmetic things that work, but are just a little off in the world:
9) A cosmetic issue for how the bridge is built/animated just before the teleporter from Tomb of Kings to SA entrance. This can be fixed by taking the code from the TrueUO codebase on Github.
Some of the teleporter destinations are off on the Z-axis destination:
10) Moongate destination into Ter Mur (Z is too high where character is placed)
11) Teleporter destinations into SA dungeon from Tomb of Kings (Z is a few tiles too high)
12) xmlspawner locations at Medusa entrance are under the bridge on the river and should really be a few tiles north. There are missing spawners in the grassy area for snakes and nests. There are plenty of spawners further UO north of the grassy area to get the quest done to enter Medusa's lair, so it is definitely functional, I am just a little OCD about how easy or difficult the game should be so I adjusted the spawn locations.

There are some other minor things, like where things spawn that are a little off for my taste, but the world works. A list of 6-12 things may seem like a lot, but there are hundreds of things that all work. These are just some functional improvements to help the project.

There are probably 3-4 other posts in the Bug Report forum. The one that arvoreen mentions will fix most of all the SA content.

Here is what I have from my notes getting SA functional. The first 6 are needed, while 7-12 are either nice to have or improvements I found and made.
1) As for spawners, I added spawners in the 2 caves for chaga mushrooms. The cave in Tomb of Kings between the main hall that leads to the teleporter into SA is the first one. The second one is the Felucca ruleset cave that leads to the Primeval Lich spawn - that needs spawners for chaga mushrooms as well. I started to create a post for the adding the chaga mushroom spawners, intending to post that and got distracted by my summer vacation. ;)

Similarly there is #6 below, which is a simple change to a file. I will go look that up and try to get that posted under the Bug Reports for others to follow.

Bug reported solutions to follow:
2) Among the other issues discussed in the Bug Report forum are the Despise Revamped spawn and how to fix the file for that.

(not this one:) I was wrong about how to fix the Despise exit, so don't follow the bug report 'solution' there. It is an issue, but requires a better solution. Players can recall/sacred journey out of the dungeon. If they have neither skill, then it becomes a GM has to move their character out of the dungeon, since there is no way to simply walk out. This is only an issue when they do not complete the quest by either beating the boss or when their pet dies in that scenario - where they are automatically teleported out of the dungeon.The problem with my initial proposal is that it creates a way for players to go into Despise, link up the pet and then march out of the dungeon with their Despise pet - which is inappropriate for game play.

These next few can be fixed by using the code from the TrueUO codebase on Github:
3) There is a mailbox issue and how to correct that.
4) There is the Shrine of Singularity Quest that needs an update.

5) Ter Mur bank has no banker NPC's - so I manually added those.
6) Manually add the spawner for the Silver Sapling tree that gives the resurrection seeds. I could only find the graphic for the tree trunk, but not the leaves. I have it fixed where the SA generation will add the tree trunk, but haven't posted the file where it is fixed [yet]. ;)
7) Only some creatures in SA/Underworld/TerMur have Queen's Loyalty points. I had to add those myself by expanding the list.
8) Players who have some authority (EM, GM, Owner) can't exit Tomb of Kings using the sparkles, because normal players are the only ones allowed from the code. This is really not a big deal because you can recall/sacred journey out or simply use the '[go x y z' command as the augmented access accounts. Furthermore, you wouldn't be playing the game as those augmented users - that role is intended to fix things or assist players who are having difficulty. The code is supposed to check if the player is not a monster to activate the teleport sparkles, but the code tests if the player is a normal player.

I have run through all the spawn in SA/Underworld/Tomb of Kings for mini-champs and bosses except for Stygian Dragon, Dragon Turtle and Primeval Lich. Each one I did was successful. I just never made time to test these 3, so I can't vouch for these. I did Slasher of Veils, Medusa and each of the mini-champs.

I did not test quests (other than Shrine of Singularity quest to enter SA dungeon).

Cosmetic things that work, but are just a little off in the world:
9) A cosmetic issue for how the bridge is built/animated just before the teleporter from Tomb of Kings to SA entrance. This can be fixed by taking the code from the TrueUO codebase on Github.
Some of the teleporter destinations are off on the Z-axis destination:
10) Moongate destination into Ter Mur (Z is too high where character is placed)
11) Teleporter destinations into SA dungeon from Tomb of Kings (Z is a few tiles too high)
12) xmlspawner locations at Medusa entrance are under the bridge on the river and should really be a few tiles north. There are missing spawners in the grassy area for snakes and nests. There are plenty of spawners further UO north of the grassy area to get the quest done to enter Medusa's lair, so it is definitely functional, I am just a little OCD about how easy or difficult the game should be so I adjusted the spawn locations.

There are some other minor things, like where things spawn that are a little off for my taste, but the world works. A list of 6-12 things may seem like a lot, but there are hundreds of things that all work. These are just some functional improvements to help the project.
What code did you take from TrueUO to fix the SA content? I'm trying to run a OSI clone and I'm having issues with the SA content as well.

Follow the steps in the bug reports for the SA content.
That gets everything to load.
The code from True UO is for the Sacred Quest which your character does for entering the SA dungeon. I replaced that quest file and it requires one reference from BaseQuest.cs. I think I just grabbed these whole files. I am on my phone away from the computer-so I can’t compare files.

Follow the steps in the bug reports for the SA content.
That gets everything to load.
The code from True UO is for the Sacred Quest which your character does for entering the SA dungeon. I replaced that quest file and it requires one reference from BaseQuest.cs. I think I just grabbed these whole files. I am on my phone away from the computer-so I can’t compare files.
I didnt have any problems starting the Sacred Quest. I just had to do the pre quest to unlock it. But I still have no mobs in SA. Where can I find the instructions for fixing that?

I wrote up bug report 4980. It has the instructions to fix the SA spawns and decorations other than Chaga mushrooms and the silver sapling.
Arvoreen gave the direct link to that thread above, so I won’t repeat it.
There is a command to actuate the decorations that you have to execute after you made the needed changes.

I wrote up bug report 4980. It has the instructions to fix the SA spawns and decorations other than Chaga mushrooms and the silver sapling.
Arvoreen gave the direct link to that thread above, so I won’t repeat it.
There is a command to actuate the decorations that you have to execute after you made the needed changes.
Ah his link only mentions decorations so didn't realize it was supposed to correct both. For the record I did the steps for that fix a while ago to fix TerMur. It did not fix the SA spawns. Any ideas what else i can try?

Back