First of all, I apologize if the answer to my question is already here, I searched several different ways and couldn't find anything.

I set Servuo up and used razor to log in and everything is working fine.

I then used DragonMod to extract the map file to a BMP. I made a very slight modification to the map, just to see how it worked, and used DragonMod to convert the altered map back to a map file.

The server boots up fine, but now the client hangs when I try to log in. It doesn't even get to the part where you choose your shard, the window opens and goes to 'not responding' and I changed nothing else.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Post automatically merged:

First of all, I apologize if the answer to my question is already here, I searched several different ways and couldn't find anything.

I set Servuo up and used razor to log in and everything is working fine.

I then used DragonMod to extract the map file to a BMP. I made a very slight modification to the map, just to see how it worked, and used DragonMod to convert the altered map back to a map file.

The server boots up fine, but now the client hangs when I try to log in. It doesn't even get to the part where you choose your shard, the window opens and goes to 'not responding' and I changed nothing else.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Quick update...

I put the old map file back in the folder Razor boots from, and I can log in. However, my server is using the new map file, but I can't see the changes...

Puzzled... I have not fooled around with this stuff since the days of UOX... does ServUO/Razor patch the changes on the client to match the server, or do they have to match?

Last edited:
There's no automatic patching. You have to put the map files into the client you play from and the client that the server reads.

I'm not sure if any map editors work on current clients with maps in the UOP format.

I see... so I have a slew of the different UO games on CD, from the beta test all the way up to the Samurai Empire expansion. Would I be better in the long run to install one of them from the CD, and use it for my server?

The direction the current and future ServUO is going is to support only the latest client. Methods used to implement customs or support older clients are being removed or phased out. If you want the most out of older eras you want to download the previous version of the server here:

Don't forget these settings in MapDefinitions.cs:

Code:
            TileMatrixPatch.Enabled = false; // prior to OSI Client Patch 6.0.0.0

MultiComponentList.PostHSFormat = true; // OSI Client Patch 7.0.9.0 +

Thank you Falkor. So based on your advice, I went with the newest client and limited the server to AOS content through the config files. Everything comes up and runs perfect.

Now all I need is to be able to modify the map files! I am tinkering with UOFiddler, Dragon, and UO Map Creator... I will let you know if I figure out how to modify the new map files.

I think you want centred+ its one of the pickiest programs to get working but once you do its a piece of cake to edit the world... It's actually a lot like a modern map editor like Cryengine Sandbox. The guy that made the map for outlands uses centred+ good luck.

You could use the dragon to create the base map file then smooth it all out with centred+

Back