ServUO Version
Publish Unknown
Ultima Expansion
None
I'm new to all this scripting, trying to figure things out, we will see.
But yea you can kinda get an idea on what many names/objects/methods are doing?
Others I have no idea.
Is there any list that kinda explains what some of these do?
Such as...
Serialize
Deserialize

Or are we just supposed to search the forums and try to figure these things out on our own?
Or maybe there is a way to go straight to the source code that I don't know yet that?

Serialize and deserialize are called on save and load respectively. In programming, serialization is the act of writing objects to a file to be converted back to objects later.

Thanks for explaining that.
I wish there was a list I could go to, to explain some of these.
I guess most of them I will just have to play with.

If you use visual studio, you can right-click on stuff and go to it's definition or find references so you can see exactly what something does and examples of how it's used. I highly recommend it.

All these terms are normal programming terms.

in case you get stuck there, it is always helpful to google these terms.

for example:

All these terms are normal programming terms.

in case you get stuck there, it is always helpful to google these terms.

for example:
Most of the names, I'm sure are specific to servuo.
So my assumption got me in trouble that time.
I did search for it on the forums but got too many hits.
My point is you don't know what many of the servuo names given do by the short name given to them.
So there is a lot of trial and error.
Be nice to see a list to look over and maybe explain them better.

Hmm the best I can say besides trying to see what google / the microsoft docs say is post the question either here or on discord

Hmm the best I can say besides trying to see what google / the microsoft docs say is post the question either here or on discord
Ok thanks, I kinda figured that, just wanted to make sure I was not missing something since I'm just starting out.
Doing better than I thought changing little things but I'm far from writing the code myself.

Back