Rex submitted a new resource:

Colored Lights - A partial system for editable colorable lights.

View attachment 8093

This set of scripts and files will let you add lights that are editable. Art.mul edits are required to make this work. You may use UOfiddler or your program of choice to swap out the art images that are included.

The system can be tested without Art.mul edits but the items will be visible.

Simply carry the "StaffLightEditor" ring in your bag and walk on and off the lights to set them to movable or not movable. When they are movable you can use Ctrl-Shift to see...

Read more about this resource...

For those not comfortable making Server Edits, Also contains some the Newest Svn Fixes

This is a compiled ServUO.exe with some ServUO svn fixes and Colored lights added

*.mul edits still are needed, np Rex

Attachments

• ServUO.rar
    226.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Thanks demented, Whatever you guys want to do with it is fine. I run an old ForkUO version which was forked from runUO i think, and it has been heavy modified. So anything I would post might need some work to get working with ServUO or other forks.

This is truly great! Thank you so much. My decorators will LOVE this. I'll put up some screen shots when they've used it (I have the best deco team) and will add your name to our script contributors on our site once we're live. Thrilled :D

got this loaded up and it is working as it should, my only problem is the larger light bmp's just will not work. they work with the yellow light but not the colors. When used in the colors it show the outside of the circle of light. Does anyone have a working bmp for the larger lights? I am also using 7.0.21.1 client, don't know if that has anything to do with it. Thanks in advance if anyone has any info.

You'll have to import these two lights into your light.mul and also edit your server code to get them to reference correctly, if you want to use them.

Attachments

• BigLights.rar
    103.6 KB · Views: 9
I have imported them in the muls they just dont work right, at least the ones I downloaded from the post, I'll try these and get back to you
Post automatically merged:

So it still happens with large lights, here are some pictures to show you what is happening
large.jpglargegreen.jpgyellowbig.jpg

Last edited:
Just a heads up, I have been dealing with client freeze and lockup not being able to log back in. By process of elimination I have found that the updated Light mul and idx were the culprit. Once I put the original files back I was able to log back in and move without being logged out. I'm not trying to tear this down or anything, even with the old muls it works good with the colored lights. It also might be the client I use that doesn't like the new files, client 7.0.21.1

no one has posted what they put in tiledata.idx for the light items... and is it just me or is only one item needed for all the lights? why add individual item in art.mul if the items are the same?
Post automatically merged:

okay... added all the items in fiddler, not sure what to put in tiledata, but fiddler just won't save the items in the art.mul. anyone else had this issue?

Last edited:
Back