Hello fellows (again)!

1) Could someone give-me a short briefing about the major changes in ServUO in relation to RunUO? I don't want to read 3,582 commits at GitHub! :p:rolleyes:

2) I read somewhere it started from RunUO 2.5. Changes made in RunUO 2.6 and 2.7 beta was included too?

Thank you!

Hey Nerun,

The biggest change surround the name change of namespaces. These will prevent some runuo scripts from working. Other than that the ML Quest System is different, and there are some core additions that are new; in particular ServUO's custom framework and configuration systems. All else remains very similar with subtle differences; my guess is that they were trying to make the code more professional looking.

I hope this helps.

Hello fellows (again)!

1) Could someone give-me a short briefing about the major changes in ServUO in relation to RunUO? I don't want to read 3,582 commits at GitHub! :p:rolleyes:

Changes in the Repo:
  • Items and Mobiles were moved to be more centrally located. There have been mixed feelings about this.
  • Support for (and inclusion of) XmlSpawner built in.
  • Support for VnC (not included in Repo but works pretty much out of the box.)
  • Server loads configuration files that affect many configurable settings - allowing shard owners with very different ideas the ability to use the exact same code but have very different behavior. (See https://github.com/ServUO/ServUO/tree/master/Config)
Features in the Community:
  • Active Enhanced Client support
  • Active Bug Reporting/Fixing Collaboration

2) I read somewhere it started from RunUO 2.5. Changes made in RunUO 2.6 and 2.7 beta was included too?

Thank you!

Not sure about what parts of 2.6 or 2.7 are included, but I can tell you that we have many of the same developers here that were active in RunUO and JustUO. If you stick around you will see many familiar names, and a host of new ones too.

By the way, very good to see you here. Been a while!

The code base is actually older than 2.5. It was first CraftUO and then became ServUO. I believe the shared code base would be closer to 2.3 when ServUO first divided.

However, Voxpire began updating RunUO code base around 2.4 or 2.5 and merged most of the core functionality. They share very similar cores at this point (since Voxpire works on both). At lot of it has to do with updated the .NET version supported.

P.S. Good to see you around. You may know me as tindo on RunUO.

Of course, the biggest change would be the level of transparency in the development team and a more community driven project. Code is not kept behind doors here. Anyone can see core code and anyone can send a pull request.

The current ServUO core includes everything in the latest version of RunUO 2.7 plus much more eloquent support for later clients! Long live ServUO! RunUO shall be missed. Welcome home, Nerun!

Back