ServUO Version
Publish Unknown
Ultima Expansion
Renaissance
I want players on login to automatically type [setemail so they have to register their email to get rid of the gump, is this a simple line of text?
running RunUO 2.3

I'd recommend against it. Like 1/2 of the people would just log out and quit lol.
I don't use RunUO but if it's the same as the version of ServUO I use it would be something like:
pm.DoSpeech("[setemail", null, 0, 20);

I'd recommend against it. Like 1/2 of the people would just log out and quit lol.
I don't use RunUO but if it's the same as the version of ServUO I use it would be something like:
pm.DoSpeech("[setemail", null, 0, 20);
I just dont want players not to have a magicword to protect their accounts, do you think forcing it is to much? Thanks for the line btw

I understand the reasons for getting it but from a player's prospective it's a trust thing and an annoyance. "freeshards" are a dime a dozen, 3/4 of them are awful, so most first time login players are just there to see if it's any good or not, and don't want to be bothered by such things and any reason to quit right off the bat is good enough. After playing a while ect... they are much more likely to give it such as when buying items ect... (if you do that). If not you could have some type of system such as voting rewards and could incorporate it into that. If first thing your asking for E-mails a lot of people will just quit. I still get spam from "Shane at UO Forever" I only played there for like 2 days and had some gm annoy me so I quit lol...and I have had it blocked for many years yet somehow...

Back