What does that mean exactly? In resources I am noticing that installations usually talk about compiling servuo before you can use them. What is that all about? Thanks :)

Ori

Sooo
Definition of compiler as per google
“a program that converts instructions into a machine-code or lower-level form so that they can be read and executed by a computer.”

Aka something that takes all the code of ServUO and makes it run together...

The “compiler” can be found in your ServUO folder named “Compile.Win.Bat” or some shit of the like...

Once you have compiled it to my understanding it is very rare that you will have to run this ever again.. I don’t run a full time server and I know there are edits that advise you to rerun this or shit doesn’t work but I don’t understand why so I won’t even try to fake it...

Simply run the file.. once ran it creates a ServUO.exe and from here this is where you will start your server from for now on unless a custom script or ServUO update says you need to “recompile”

Now all you critics on ServUO who know more feel free to correct me or teach me something new as well..

You just have to rerun it when there was a change to the scripts in the server folder, the scripts folder will be compiled by the server itself

You just have to rerun it when there was a change to the scripts in the server folder, the scripts folder will be compiled by the server itself
That’s interesting, I appreciate that I did not know that.. honestly that might explain a few things that weren’t working for me in the past lol...
Why does it not auto recompile those? Just for times sake it was left out in the ServUO.exe?

because the server cant really recompile itself, I mean technically it could be done but that would be a lot of workaround. Also you would not edit the server files often so its just easier this way

Back