-so i did this about a year ago with whatever was available at the time and it worked so I am guessing something changed? Here is the error I am getting now and not sure how to proceed. If I delete the file, client isn't happy. That is about all I tried so far as I am just learning to get my feet wet with script editing.
thanks,
Matt-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

ServUO - [https://www.servuo.com] Version 0.5, Build 6279.20188
Core: Optimizing for 6 64-bit processors
RandomImpl: CSPRandom (Software)
Core: Loading config...
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...Finished with: 0 errors, 0 warnings
Scripts: Skipping VB.NET Scripts...done (use -vb to enable)
Scripts: Verifying...
Finished (5318 items, 1268 mobiles, 5 customs) (1.32 seconds)
Config: Warning, using default value for DataPath.CustomPath
Enter the Ultima Online directory:
> C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic
DataPath: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic
Regions: Loading...done
World: Loading...
...done (4360 items, 955 mobiles, 2 customs) (0.45 seconds)
Error:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the ta
rget of an invocation. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initial
izer for 'Ultima.Art' threw an exception. ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessExceptio
n: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Clas
sic\artlegacymul.uop' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, I
nt32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions o
ptions, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolea
n useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access,
FileShare share)
at Ultima.FileIndex..ctor(String idxFile, String mulFile, String uopFile, Int
32 length, Int32 file, String uopEntryExtension, Int32 idxLength, Boolean hasExt
ra) in c:\Users\Nichols\Desktop\ServUO-master\Ultima\FileIndex.cs:line 241
at Ultima.Art..cctor() in c:\Users\Nichols\Desktop\ServUO-master\Ultima\Art.c
s:line 15
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Ultima.Art.Measure(Bitmap bmp, Int32& xMin, Int32& yMin, Int32& xMax, Int3
2& yMax)
at Server.CollectionItem..ctor(Type type, Int32 itemID, Int32 tooltip, Int32
hue, Double points, Boolean questitem)
at Server.Engines.VvV.VvVRewards.Initialize()
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments,
Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Objec
t[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invoke
Attr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at Server.ScriptCompiler.Invoke(String method) in c:\Users\Nichols\Desktop\Se
rvUO-master\Server\ScriptCompiler.cs:line 667
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args) in c:\Users\Nichols\Desktop\ServUO-master\
Server\Main.cs:line 539
This exception is fatal, press return to exit

Are you using the same client for server and the actual client you want to connect at the same time? Like do you run the client first and the client from the same location beforhand?

You should keep those separat since they lock eachother out from using the files. If that still persists try running the server as Administrator

I am a little confused. So I have a windows 7 64 bit machine with 32gb ram so i am running a virtual machine of windows 10 as my test server. So I shouldn't have the "admin uo client" on the windows 10 "server"?

Why use a virtual machine? There is nothing wrong with running the server and client both within Windows 7. What Pyro is mentioning is that it is often beneficial to have two copies of the client directory. One for the server to use and another for you to use to play.

Example, point the server to a folder like C:\clientfiles that has all the client files using the config file - DataPath.cfg

Then have razor point to a separate set of client files (maybe the original client files in your program files folder).

try moving both ServUO and the game client out of x86 to just Program Files and also be sure both are run with admin rights- for my test server on Vista I had to right click then properties-then security and set servuo for Creater Owner same with the game client. But then windows 10 might be different :)

ok, so i did everything on the windows 7 machine. I have two identical copies of the UO files in 2 places and when i launch the client, it either freezes, not allowing me to do anything beyond two steps or I am invisible. I did try running both as admin by the way. Here is my server log:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ServUO - [https://www.servuo.com] Version 0.5, Build 6279.34415
Core: Optimizing for 6 64-bit processors
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...done (cached)
Finished (5318 items, 1268 mobiles, 5 customs) (1.32 seconds)
Enter the Ultima Online directory:
> C:\Users\Nichols\Desktop\servuo\Ultima Online client
DataPath: C:\Users\Nichols\Desktop\servuo\Ultima Online client
...done (3800 items, 940 mobiles, 1 customs) (0.32 seconds)
Restricting client version to 5.0.8.3. Action to be taken: LenientKick
00:12:44 ServerList: Auto-detecting public IP address...
00:12:44 ServerList: >>> services.servuo.com
00:12:44 ServerList: <<< ip here
00:12:44 ServerList: Done: 'ip here'
00:12:44 Joeku's Staff Runebook: Loading...
00:12:44 Listening: ip here
00:12:44 Listening: 127.0.0.1:2593
00:12:44 ----------------------------------------------------------------------
00:12:47 Cleanup: Detected 1 inaccessible items, removing..
00:13:13 Client: 127.0.0.1: Connected. [1 Online]
00:13:13 Login: 127.0.0.1: Valid credentials for 'matt'
00:13:20 Client: 127.0.0.1: Disconnected. [0 Online] [matt]
00:13:20 Client: 127.0.0.1: Connected. [1 Online]
00:13:20 Login: 127.0.0.1: Account 'matt' at character list
00:13:31 Login: 127.0.0.1: New character being created (account=matt)
00:13:31 - Character: Mindtrip (serial=0x000003AD)
00:13:31 - Started: New Haven (3503, 2574, 14) in Trammel
00:15:24 Client: 127.0.0.1: Disconnected. [0 Online] [matt]
00:16:19 Client: 127.0.0.1: Connected. [1 Online]
00:16:19 Login: 127.0.0.1: Valid credentials for 'matt'
00:16:22 Client: 127.0.0.1: Connected. [2 Online]
00:16:22 Client: 127.0.0.1: Disconnected. [1 Online] [matt]
00:16:22 Login: 127.0.0.1: Account 'matt' at character list

after that nothing in 5ish minutes except a save. I really appreciate the help guys.
[doublepost=1489279066][/doublepost]
try moving both ServUO and the game client out of x86 to just Program Files and also be sure both are run with admin rights- for my test server on Vista I had to right click then properties-then security and set servuo for Creater Owner same with the game client. But then windows 10 might be different :)

Just seen this, working on it!
[doublepost=1489279287][/doublepost]Hmm fiddled with security settings and same deal with client freezing. does it matter that my servuo master and its client are sitting on my desktop in a folder and my other client is in a folder called program installs in the root of C:?
[doublepost=1489280339][/doublepost]tried turning firewall off and still freezes in client,

im getting a similar problem

Experimental Room, Puzzle Room and Maze of Death initialized.
Error:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Ultima.Art' threw an exception. ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic\artlegacymul.uop' is denied.
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at Ultima.FileIndex..ctor(String idxFile, String mulFile, String uopFile, Int32 length, Int32 file, String uopEntryExtension, Int32 idxLength, Boolean hasExtra) in c:\Users\arron\Desktop\ServUO-master\Ultima\FileIndex.cs:line 241
at Ultima.Art..cctor() in c:\Users\arron\Desktop\ServUO-master\Ultima\Art.cs:line 15
at Ultima.Art.Measure(Bitmap bmp, Int32& xMin, Int32& yMin, Int32& xMax, Int32& yMax)
at Server.CollectionItem..ctor(Type type, Int32 itemID, Int32 tooltip, Int32 hue, Double points, Boolean questitem)
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at Server.ScriptCompiler.Invoke(String method) in c:\Users\arron\Desktop\ServUO-master\Server\ScriptCompiler.cs:line 667
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args) in c:\Users\arron\Desktop\ServUO-master\Server\Main.cs:line 539

Please help me as I'm only just starting up using servuo as I'm use to runuo

Bishop your client is to low for ServUO patch up your game client -so go into your game folder(uoPatch) -look for the client patch and double click this to see if it will patch up- your server window is showing the game client at 5.0.8.3
should be up to about 7.0.56.1

Last edited:
Aaron did you go into the Cofig folder then set the Datapath to your game client? which windows are you using

Aaron did you go into the Cofig folder then set the Datapath to your game client? which windows are you using
hi yes I told it where to look and also added HS to client list now I'm getting this set of errors

Error:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Ultima, Version=2.0.6280.796, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
at Server.Misc.DataPath.Configure()
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at Server.ScriptCompiler.Invoke(String method) in c:\Users\arron\Desktop\ServUO-master\Server\ScriptCompiler.cs:line 667
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args) in c:\Users\arron\Desktop\ServUO-master\Server\Main.cs:line 534

It's stating that--
The system cannot find the file specified.
at Server.Misc.DataPath.Configure() did you save the file after setting this?

The error is telling you that you did not set the datapath.cfg and that there is no file where the registry is pointing at
Code:
and
Code:
The system cannot find the file specified.

should looks sort of like this-depending on where the game client is of course and be sure to remove the # in front of the line
CustomPath=C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic

Bishop your client is to low for ServUO patch up your game client -so go into your game folder(uoPatch) -look for the client patch and double click this to see if it will patch up- your server window is showing the game client at 5.0.8.3
should be up to about 7.0.56.1

That did it!, thanks everyone for the help. I look forward to being a part of the community here and developing my skills.

right have done only the config datapath file only and it has been saved please help

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ServUO - [https://www.servuo.com] Version 0.5, Build 6280.3207
Core: Optimizing for 2 64-bit processors
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...Finished with: 0 errors, 0 warnings
Finished (5319 items, 1268 mobiles, 5 customs) (6.71 seconds)
DataPath: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic
...done (0 items, 0 mobiles, 0 customs) (0.23 seconds)
Experimental Room, Puzzle Room and Maze of Death initialized.
Error:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Ultima.Art' threw an exception. ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic\artlegacymul.uop' is denied.
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at Ultima.FileIndex..ctor(String idxFile, String mulFile, String uopFile, Int32 length, Int32 file, String uopEntryExtension, Int32 idxLength, Boolean hasExtra) in c:\Users\arron\Desktop\ServUO-master\Ultima\FileIndex.cs:line 241
at Ultima.Art..cctor() in c:\Users\arron\Desktop\ServUO-master\Ultima\Art.cs:line 15
at Ultima.Art.Measure(Bitmap bmp, Int32& xMin, Int32& yMin, Int32& xMax, Int32& yMax)
at Server.CollectionItem..ctor(Type type, Int32 itemID, Int32 tooltip, Int32 hue, Double points, Boolean questitem)
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args) in c:\Users\arron\Desktop\ServUO-master\Server\Main.cs:line 539
[doublepost=1489285021][/doublepost]I have sorted it the problem wasn't with servuo but in the uo directory itself I have to approve file sharing lmao thanks guys for all the assistance

Back