ServUO Version
Publish 57
Ultima Expansion
Endless Journey
I'm sure this has probably been brought up before but I couldn't find anything, I am having 2 issues with the scripts.

All of a sudden these boxes showed up from out of nowhere and not on all stones just some of them, wth do I do lol? and yes they are visible to players.
1645939085340.png

Second when using the stone and "viewing" items they do not open in a box to actually view, I have tried multiple clients and each is unable to view it. I can view the container as staff, so I assume it's something to do with the container is not "within" distance for the player to open it?

Last edited:
They didn't show up out of nowhere, They are created below ground either when the stone is placed or add your first item to the stone I forget which. They store the items in physical form so when a player clicks the "View Item" button there is a physical copy of the item in a physical box for them to mouse over look at and interact with.

As for your second comment I also have noticed the Players are unable to open the Containers to view them and I'm almost 100% certain it has to do with the way ViewItemGump.cs handles opening a container for a Staff Member vs PlayerViewItemGump.cs for a Player trying to view an item. As the only other script that makes any reference to opening a container for players to view is the DisplayBoxes.cs scripot itself the vendor physically places the items in. I have yet to find a fix for this either but I'll keep you posted if that changes.
----------------------------
EDIT:

Figured it out!

The Boxes can not be set to Visible False. as players can not view the contents of an invisible container. You will have to leave the containers visible and below ground for players to be able to view their contents!

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Haha to go back on this yes you are correct, I didn't notice them until I placed items on the vendor and they were stored in the container to view later, and yes if you set them to visible false the player can no longer view the items so I had to leave them, I modified the script so the containers are -100 z from the stone so that if I place them on the second or third floor of a building they are still far enough underground that the player never truly seems them.

Back