zerodowned

Not really a script support question...

If a pet on the ticket goes null, would you say that only reason for this to normally happen is because the pet "turns" wild again and is deleted by the system?

As in a pet that hasn't been fed recently.

Are you talking about the breeding ticket?

I know originally, FSATS had some code that included a chance for breeding to fail. I don't know if it was ever addressed or changed though :|

Are you talking about the breeding ticket?

I know originally, FSATS had some code that included a chance for breeding to fail. I don't know if it was ever addressed or changed though :|
Yes the breeding ticket. The issue I'm trying to fix is a certain mobile that can be bred and added to ticket but seems to have a very good chance of the pet turning null on the ticket. Can't figure out why because it's random when it does actually happen.

Okay, so originally when I installed FSATS, I noticed that there was an issue with breeding, in that pets could breed again and again, increasing their stats well beyond what they should ever possibly be. Those values are created using a formula scalar from "mother and father", it could very well be that the problem is ONE of the parents may not have 100% loyalty. Throws off the scalar, it falls under a certain value after the breeding has completed, baby is born with extremely low loyalty, and immediately turns wild. I patched that on my end, along with some other tweaks I added. Perhaps that is the same situation you are running into.

In the case where the breeding fails, or the baby turns wild, what were the two mobs used, and could you post their code here (just the stats should be fine)?

Sorry guys, out of context, but how does pet breeding works in FS-Ats? I'm trying to figure it but i can't find how it works.

@decker86
You need two players (one player cannot breed two of their own pets) with pets at a level high enough to breed. Take both pets to a stablemaster or animal trainer, select the animal you want to breed with. If the other owner agrees, both pets are stabled, and both players receive a breeding ticket. If a few days, the baby will be born (each player gets a baby by the way).
The above is all the way it used to be (years ago). I don't know if other changes were made to the package you are using or not.

In speaking with zero via PM, we believe the issue is related to the original breeding pet having such a high minimum requirement for animal taming (118+). When pets breed, using the scalar, the required taming will change as well...and if it goes UP, your brand new baby will go wild the first command you try to give it. My suggestion would be to set a hard-coded ceiling for required taming when it comes to pet breeding. :)

Back