ServUO Version
Publish 57
Ultima Expansion
Endless Journey
I am having an issue where when someone goes to log into my server They use My IP When they go to log in they can get to the screen to choose the shard and click it then the client crashes and won't go past choosing the shard. Does anyone know what may be causing this and a fix I might try to correct it? Is it on my end or their end I am not sure I have tried many things redoing my port forwarding and everything it says my port is open and everything is correct with the Ip address. Please any help would be greatly appreciated

Could be a # of issues. For trouble shooting - is your server seeing the client when they connect? if not then, might try to have your friend try to run as admin on there client. also if your running and passed your Setting.json to them by your local client? ive found issues with a "Used Settings" File. wont connect. last thing i can think of .. well its happened many times, are they on the right port? its hard to say with firewalls.. if your not on a static IP ect.. could be many issues there..

One of the most common reasons is Windows Firewall; you may need to add an Inbound exception for your shard's port.

Could be a # of issues. For trouble shooting - is your server seeing the client when they connect? if not then, might try to have your friend try to run as admin on there client. also if your running and passed your Setting.json to them by your local client? ive found issues with a "Used Settings" File. wont connect. last thing i can think of .. well its happened many times, are they on the right port? its hard to say with firewalls.. if your not on a static IP ect.. could be many issues there..
Yes we see them logging in and they can get to where they can choose the shard and then it won't go past that and we get the message "could not connect to the client it may have been taken down please wait a few minutes and try again"
One of the most common reasons is Windows Firewall; you may need to add an Inbound exception for your shard's port.
I am going to try this as soon as she gets home from work and see if this works process of elimination lol

Back