I'm trying to convert the BOD system for our current live server to that of the latest release. I'm hoping I don't have to do the opposite.. as in add all our customs & mods into the release. Anywho, I'm getting this massive error that I cant see the top of in the console. The script affected is apparently HUGE. As in the last errors are on lines in the 6500's. I cant for the life of me figure out which script it is, but this is part of the error I'm getting.
Code:
    CS1729: Line 6533: 'Server.Engines.BulkOrders.SmallTailorBOD' does not conta
in a constructor that takes 7 arguments
    CS1729: Line 6534: 'Server.Engines.BulkOrders.SmallTailorBOD' does not conta
    CS1729: Line 6535: 'Server.Engines.BulkOrders.SmallTailorBOD' does not conta
    CS1729: Line 6536: 'Server.Engines.BulkOrders.SmallTailorBOD' does not conta
    CS1729: Line 6537: 'Server.Engines.BulkOrders.SmallTailorBOD' does not conta
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
By using select all on the console when the error starts showing I've managed to see that it also affects the SmallSmithBOD, but it lists the error so fast, that I'm hitting around 4500 for line number. Is there any way to see the top of the error list to find out which script this is? We have 3 custom leathers. I have managed to add them into the Master I dl'd last night & have them working, but I'd rather be able to use the existing server if at all possible mainly for save reasons as this is a live server.

• CS1729: Line 6534: 'Server.Engines.BulkOrders.SmallTailorBOD' does not conta
  • in a constructor that takes 7 arguments

errors in your SmallTailorBod you got a constructor with to many or not enuff arguments Example:
Code:
public Constructor(int index,string inFile)
{
}
but I have.....
Code:
public Constructor(int index)
{
]
i only have 1 argument "index" but my Constructor wants 2 (int index,string inFile)

Edit, Ohhhh, I misread your issue, based on demented's comments. I assume it's whatever file all your BODs are stored in.
errors in your SmallTailorBod you got a constructor with to many or not enuff arguments Example:
Code:
public Constructor(int index,string inFile)
{
}
but I have.....
Code:
public Constructor(int index)
{
}
i only have 1 argument "index" but my Constructor wants 2 (int index,string inFile)

You need to pass a default value from the one with less arguments to the one with more arguments. If it's even appropriate to do so.

You need to go into SmallTailorBOD, find the constructor, and see what arguments it wants. Then you need to give it those arguments elsewhere, either by adding another one that then passes a default value, or by changing the others so that they all pass on the correct number of arguments.

Here's SmallTailorBOD:
8 arguments
public SmallTailorBOD(int amountCur, int amountMax, Type type, int number, int graphic, bool reqExceptional, BulkMaterialType mat, int hue)

Last edited:
Is there any way to see the top of the error list to find out which script this is?
Go to Properties in your command prompt. Options tab. Change Buffer Size under "Command History". Default is maybe 50. Set it to 200 and try again. (Press R.) If you still can't see it bump it up more.

This is using the BODs from the latest ServUO. The Small Smith & Tailor BODs have the needed constructors. I'm adding them into a live server with 3 custom leathers. I haven't messed with the constructors at all.
[doublepost=1491608567][/doublepost]And changing the buffer size in the Console in both Properties and Default changed nothing. I've set it to 800 in all locations & the errors still start at 6390 (scrolling to the top).

Last edited:
Hammerhand,

Try the following to direct output from ServUO to a file.

On Windows:

C:\> ServUO > output.txt.

And post the output.txt file here.

It will seem to sit for a while and do nothing. When it does, open the file and see if it has the errors. If they're there, then press CTRL-C in the console window to stop the server.

I apologize, I don't think I gave clear directions.

When you start ServUO, start it like this in the console:
ServUO > output.txt

Let it sit for a few minutes and check the output.txt file, which will be in the same directory as ServUO.exe.

Obviously, I wouldn't be using the ServUO.exe to do this? That's what I've always used, so now I'm sort of lost. :(

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Here is a short video of me running through the procedure I'd like you to try to get all the errors.

Note that when I started ServUO, I added `> output.txt` to the command. This makes everything that prints to the console write to a file instead. In this case, output.txt.

--

I did just realize one thing, and have a question. Normally when you launch ServUO, do you use compile.win.bat or servuo.exe?

Are you able to try running servuo like I did in the video? If you did, there's hopefully an output.txt file in the same folder as ServUO.exe with all the errors.

If it's there, can you upload to this post, or update on any trouble you have getting the file?

First, you'll need to know where the ServUO folder is. If you know where that is, you can skip this section.

If you launch ServUO from a shortcut, right-click on that shortcut and click on Properties. The "Start In" box will have the folder you need in it. Copy or write it down somewhere.

-----

Open the command prompt by pressing [Windows] - [R] together. You should see the "Run" window show on the screen. In the "Open:" box, type in "cmd", and click OK.

You should see a black window show with text like "C:\Users\jdphe" (yours will be a little different - not a big deal).

For this step, you will need the folder to your ServUO copy. For this example, I'll use "C:\Users\jdphe\Source\ServUO". Yours will be different. In that window, type in

cd C:\Users\Source\ServUO

Then, type in

ServUO > output.txt

Give it a couple of minutes (it will appear to do nothing), and check the output.txt file in the same folder.

Let me know how that goes.

Well... I thought I had a headache before this, but I was wrong.. so very, very wrong.. The error is in a huge custom script called BODGump.cs It allows staff members to create specific BODs of specific types & resources.
Beginning of the error
Code:
 + CUSTOMS/COMMANDS/BODGump.cs:
    CS1729: Line 4987: 'Server.Engines.BulkOrders.SmallSmithBOD' does not contain a constructor that takes 7 arguments
    CS1729: Line 4988: 'Server.Engines.BulkOrders.SmallSmithBOD' does not contain a constructor that takes 7 arguments
    CS1729: Line 4989: 'Server.Engines.BulkOrders.SmallSmithBOD' does not contain a constructor that takes 7 arguments
Runs all the way to line # 6537 with every single line saying the same thing. It just changes to Tailor BODs after a while.

Attachments

• BODGump.cs
    439.4 KB · Views: 5
Looks like you just need the GraphicHue set. Now, I'm gonna make a big assumption here, and guess that GraphicHue is the material's hue. So you might wanna check them to make sure that's right.
Use the ctrl+H to replace items, and take each
BulkMaterialType.XXX
and replace it with
BulkMaterialType.XXX, YYY
where XXX is equal to the given bulk material type, and YYY is equal to that bulk material's hue.

For example, BulkMaterialType.None
would be replaced with
BulkMaterialType.None, 0

Again, that is assuming GraphicHue is that material's color, not something else.

For now I just set it to .old Its only designed for Smith & Tailor BODs anyway. Adding the new ones would be a little time consuming to say the least. lol And its allowing me to test further.

As a follow-up, the GraphicHue is exactly as it sounds: it is only used for the graphic displayed in the BOD. It's not used for filtering selection or anything, so my previous suggestion should work quite well for it.

Hammerhead,

Give this file a try.

Rename your BodGump.cs to BodGump.cs.old, then move this file into the same folder, and try to start your server again.

Attachments

• BODGump.cs
    444 KB · Views: 3
Back