otimpyre submitted a new resource:

Converting .uop to .mul - Converting the new art .uop file back to .mul

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Download is the UOPpacker.dll that you drop into your folder.
C:\Program Files\Uo Fiddler\plugins

From there you are ready to use the tutorial.

Read more about this resource...

Awesome tutorial!

I've had problems trying to get plugins to load into UOFiddler 4.6. I've tried the '/plugins', '/x64/plugins', '/x86/plugins', even the '%AppData%/UOFiddler/plugins'. None of them seem to work.

Are you using a different version? If not can you please explain how you got them to load? Also do you have a link to the Compare plugin you used in that video? Those compare features are not a default feature of UOFiddler.

I've been getting by with using the command line tool for extracting UOP files but would love to get those plugins to work. Appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks :).

If you have the space:
I always keep a extra UO install for checking for any updates. You can convert the uop to muls in this folder for UO Fiddler to compare. ;)

I've had problems trying to get plugins to load into UOFiddler 4.6. I've tried the '/plugins', '/x64/plugins', '/x86/plugins', even the '%AppData%/UOFiddler/plugins'. None of them seem to work.

Same here I have one computer which this works on but the other computer which I want to use it, does not work and also tried everything you mentioned above :)

Same here I have one computer which this works on but the other computer which I want to use it, does not work and also tried everything you mentioned above :)
I also had this issue with the uop plug in, this is why I use the Legacy Converter. I did get the UO Fiddler uop plug in to work, but converting mul(s) back to uop(s) was too wiggy.

lol I don't understand how you doin this care to start from beginning with step by step on how you do this. I can't get the window you show.

Open UO Fiddler
Go to the Animdata Tab

Step 1:
Scroll to the bottom hex number
Single click that last number (or you can find the number just above what you are putting in animdata)
Right click and a box will come up to add the new number to begin the item's animation.
type in the box the hex number for the first art that you are wanting to add,This will give you a new slot to work within.

Step 2:
Type the next number in the animation sequence in this box and click Add
(this will add the next art for the animation)

Step 3:
Increase the Frame Delay to your liking
(I usually do the amount of frames that have been added)
You can click Start/Stop to view how it will look IG and adjust it to what you like.

Step 4:
Click Save

Step 5:
Copy saved animdata.mul to your custom data path ~and~ your UO folder.

I don't understand why so many people have trouble using UOFiddler. I use UOFiddler 4.6 on Windows 7 64. I have never had any issue,.
fiddler wont work in x64 with this plugin
This is not correct. I just used this plugin and it worked perfectly.

People need to explore why things don't work instead of blatantly proclaiming that something just doesn't work.

How come the animated ones aren't animated? Like the pets for example.
Because, in the tutorial I didn't add the animdata.mul I explained that you would need that file to animate them. Simply add the animdata.mul to the scenerio and they will work.

I am sorry I didn't take into account 32Bit & 64Bit machines. I use Windows XP and 32 Bit version. However now days most users will most likely be using 64Bit machines again I apologize for the confusion.

I am sorry I didn't take into account 32Bit & 64Bit machines. I use Windows XP and 32 Bit version. However now days most users will most likely be using 64Bit machines again I apologize for the confusion.
Don't be sorry because they are having local problems. I just said UOFiddler works fine on 64bit windows 7. I even just used the UOP converter plugin with UOFiddler on my Windows 7 64bit computer.

-----------------------------
People need to explore why things don't work instead of blatantly proclaiming that something just doesn't work.

Edit: This is where I got my UOFiddler
http://uofiddler.polserver.com/

I have windows xp on 2 different comps one this works on and the other one it does not. One 64 bit and the 86 bit the one with the 86 this does not work. I have never had an issue with UO Fiddler either, just this plugin.
@Redmoon thanks for the link :)

As far as the animdata.mul what is stopping anyone from copying the animdata.mul from the Latest UO version and pasting it into what ever other client folder they want? Unless you have a super customized art file you shouldn't have to go through and add the animdata by hand.

I get upset when people say "oh this just doesn't work" They never try to explore any possibility or look to gain others support in finding a solution. I've been in many communities for many things and this is one of the things that sets me off. In terms of UOFiddler I suggest you start at the basics, Do you have all the .net's installed. Maybe you are missing some windows redistributable file. But making wild claims just because you can't pass go isn't going to help you or anyone else. Most of these people never even give enough detail about what happens either, it's just " don't work" and not oh well I get an error here is the screen shot,. or the program closes it self. *sigh*
I'm sorry I don't have a solution at the snap of my fingers and i'm kinda making a stink about this. I just have never not had it work.

Far as adding the new .muls to an older client. I have successfully added these files to a 7.0.21.1 client without any adverse side effects.
art.mul
artidx.mul
gumps.mul
gumpidx.mul
texmaps.mul
texidx.mul
radarcol.mul
tiledata.mul
animdata.mul

However I had converted the sounds.uop and had issues I didn't investigate further I just didn't use them.
I have had no success in converting and using the mobile animation files.
And I have not tried anything to do with maps.

Last edited:
Just curious, which animation file? the anim1.mul or the .bins?
AnimationFrame1.uop
AnimationFrame2.uop
And one called animationsequence.uop

There are new animation and better versions people are using I've yet to get far into it. But, those are the ones I had no luck with.

I don't understand why so many people have trouble using UOFiddler. I use UOFiddler 4.6 on Windows 7 64. I have never had any issue,.
Well that's why I asked for assistance on getting it to work and the step he did to install the plugins. I've re-downloaded 4.6 fresh, tried all 4 plugin folders UOFiddler has. Tried all 3 versions on the .exe files UOFiddler 4.6 download comes with and it just won't load any plugins (not even the default plugins it comes with that I never knew about) on my Win7 x64 machine.

I just went through all these steps again about an hour ago. Started fresh, re-downloaded, wiped out the %AppData% Fiddler folder, ect and still no dice. I decided to download the source code so I can debug the problem myself and find out why it won't load plugins.

I compiled the source, launched it and plugins work straight from the compiled source code :rolleyes:. So I have it all working now just no clue why I can't get the 4.6 Download files to work o_O. So anyone else having the same issue can try downloading Fiddler source and compiling it as this seemed to work great for me. Also note that the source code has about 12 more updates done to it since the 4.6 Binary Download version so one of these might be to fix to the problem.

You have to go to the manage plugins turn them on then restart uofiddler
You put the plugins in your UOFiddler program plugins folder not the appdata hidden plugins folder

You have to go to the manage plugins turn them on then restart uofiddler
You put the plugins in your UOFiddler program plugins folder not the appdata hidden plugins folder
I only tried the %AppData% one because NONE of them work. Can't turn them on when I don't get the options to select them like this:
JTM1zKj1lmysRCOUXgkMRk2cCNY8b7ihnFlntYeD-PU

Like I said, compiling the source fixed the problem for me, just can't use the 4.6 Downloaded version for some reason as even the default plugins that come with Fiddler that are already in the right folders won't even show up.

what do I do to make the 15th anniversary robe show graphic on the mobile the gump part I got goin on in paperdoll not other

Now that is an actual animation/art/gump trio of headaches. I don't support mobile animations. :(
I had tried at one point to do the very same thing to no avail. I can do art and gumps... for it but, not the mobile animation.

I have recently been digging around in the uop files and have found some interesting items. It turns out I think I found some key files to help get others decoded and possibly into a usable state. Anyone want to make a move on it? lol my programming skills aren't up to that task, I will post the couple of files I was able to extract that I found interesting. One in particular (assetmap.xml) seems to be describing the way the files are stored in the UOP file.

Attachments

• assetmap.xml
    4.9 KB · Views: 22
  • wearables.xml
    9.8 KB · Views: 15
  • string_dictionary.7z
    137.6 KB · Views: 11
  • speech.7z
    32.1 KB · Views: 8
AnimationFrame1.uop
AnimationFrame2.uop
And one called animationsequence.uop

There are new animation and better versions people are using I've yet to get far into it. But, those are the ones I had no luck with.
+1
How to get that animations? Fiddler doesn't want to convert them! Very need help!!!

Has anyone had any luck converting Ter Mur with the Lands of Eodon to .mul files? I'd like to take a look at them via Centred.

Thanks,
Owen

Back