I am attempting to create a private server that has most of the pvp elements removed. I know it is not everyone's favorite choice to do so, but I feel I can add events, increased spawners, and frequent environmental changes to keep my players excited to keep exploring and playing.

I welcome any advice people may have on disabling Stealing, preventing targeting Blues, and basically remove any source of griefing that hinders an enjoyable time exploring and creating positive RPG stories within the world. I know I could just go into skills and comment out the Stealing definitions, but there are other dependency files that rely on those definitions and I am not sure I want to try to track down all the references. Are there any "peaceful" global settings anywhere that could be toggled on?

I forget which script it is in, but you can set the rules for a facet. Go in to the Fel portions and set them for Tram. I am not on the computer at the moment so I cannot look to see which script (or config) it is in.

You would probably want to keep stealing available. Even in Tram it is fun to steal dungeon artifacts.

MapDefinitions.cs
after the else change:
FeluccaRules
to:
TrammelRules

C#:
            if (Siege.SiegeShard)
            {
                RegisterMap(0, 0, 0, 7168, 4096, 4, "Felucca", MapRules.FeluccaRules);
                RegisterMap(1, 1, 1, 7168, 4096, 0, "Trammel", MapRules.FeluccaRules);
                RegisterMap(2, 2, 2, 2304, 1600, 1, "Ilshenar", MapRules.FeluccaRules);
                RegisterMap(3, 3, 3, 2560, 2048, 1, "Malas", MapRules.FeluccaRules);
                RegisterMap(4, 4, 4, 1448, 1448, 1, "Tokuno", MapRules.FeluccaRules);
                RegisterMap(5, 5, 5, 1280, 4096, 1, "TerMur", MapRules.FeluccaRules);
            }
            else
            {
                RegisterMap(0, 0, 0, 7168, 4096, 4, "Felucca", MapRules.FeluccaRules);
                RegisterMap(1, 1, 1, 7168, 4096, 0, "Trammel", MapRules.TrammelRules);
                RegisterMap(2, 2, 2, 2304, 1600, 1, "Ilshenar", MapRules.TrammelRules);
                RegisterMap(3, 3, 3, 2560, 2048, 1, "Malas", MapRules.TrammelRules);
                RegisterMap(4, 4, 4, 1448, 1448, 1, "Tokuno", MapRules.TrammelRules);
                RegisterMap(5, 5, 5, 1280, 4096, 1, "TerMur", MapRules.TrammelRules);
            }

This will make it where you can't steal or kill other players in fel

Note that Trammel rules will still allow guilds to fight each other if they declare war.

Anything that aspects that you want to change after editing MapDefinitions.cs will be found in Notoriety.cs. Edit carefully there - it controls all interaction between players and the world!

A non-PVP server isn't a radical concept :D

Thank you all! I think what Visam offered is great and I appreciate the insight that guild vs guild would still be doable (thanks Falkor). I am glad to find an active community willing to share wisdom! I hope I can contribute as I continue to learn and grow into this system.

Back