Hi everyone!

I've been searching the entire google for this and couldnt find anything...
I can see with UOFiddler a lot of clients having a custom fonts.mul
I Could borrow the entire fonts, but i want mine.

How to change the current Fonts.mul ?
How to create custom and colored fonts ready to replace the actual fonts into Fonts.mul (using UOFiddler) ?
What app are used to make this possible ?

UO Fiddler only allows me to look at them and exporting each letter as a bmp file makes a total of 90 bmp files.... :eek:
These 90 bmp files are images of another fonts I dont want to use...

Well generelly you wouldnt want to color them since you would color them with the html command in gumps for example.

I dont think you can add MORE font, but you definitly can override the fonts with fiddler, rightclick the letter and click import should do it

Add More??? No. I want to replace, change what is already existent...
Pretty sure i'm having different fonts.mul with different colored fonts and different type of fonts also.
I'm sure you know about this : http://uoo.su/uo-desktop/desks_e.htm

How people created the letters in first place (used to replace each letter in fiddler afterward)?

I was thiking of an application unknown to me that help to create this?

Well like I said you can replace them with fiddler, creating those would be in any graphics program you like

Sofar I do not know of any other tool for fonts besides maybe mulpatcher? But should be the same there

The only one I've ever seen is UOFontsEditor but functionally it isn't as good as fiddler's font editor. If you want to edit the fonts the only way I know of is one image at a time.

Editing the fonts.mul file is simple. It's been the same over the years. UO Fiddler can read, edit and delete this file. If you need to add a certain font (for example, an E with a hook, or another that is not in the ID position where it should be for that language), UO Fiddler can do that too. Then there is the old UOFontsEditor program. I would not say that it is bad and error. On the contrary, it is good. And it works in the same way as UO Fiddler. How to do it? Each font is one image in bmp format. you must edit it in the graphics program and then paste it into the correct ID position in fonts.mul.

import_fonts.jpg

Many years ago I translated a small program for editing unicode fonts when the ML version of UO came out. He works a little differently. But, UO Fiddler can also open and edit these unifonts. So it is probably useless to write about this program.

Having myself 90 exported bmp files of every single letter from fiddler.
Having to edit the 90 files from GIMP WAS an option I could not believe.
UO FIddler can Read/Export/Import/Save/Replace....
UO Fiddler cannot Edit nor change the color of the fonts.

Whatever they used to generate these 90 bmp files in first place,
I can't believe people had to edit /create ALL letter by HANDS to put letters in their game???? so weird....

Now the only way to replace fonts is to edit the 90 files by hand by with gimp.
(Inventing some sort of new fonts with my mouse, based on nothing)

BUT, I found an application that does this, not sure if this is useful or not but it creates something at least :
Bitmap Font Generator (Generates a "sheet" of bmp letters)

Not sure how I'll cut the letters or if the letters are the good size for UO either, here's what it looks like :
WTF_0.png

Yes it's right. Each font must be edited separately in the graphics program. Including his color. This is and has always been the case. And it is so in other games. It's not just in Ultima Online. Something else is edit unicode fonts. This can not be colored directly in the file, but only in the game. But on the whole, for you, to edit the Fonts.mul file, you have to do everything manually and individually in the graphics program. Even if you generate an external program some bmp templates, you will always have to take them into a graphics program and give them the right size and adjust colors and most importantly save in the correct bit format. You probably already do that when you use gimp.

Ultima Online is an ant work.

Its okay. I just thought maybe there was a way around, couldn't believe it LOL
This is how I will achieve my goal if anyone reading this or interested in modding fonts for their client :

Created my font grid with transparency using a bmp font generator like above with average fonts size i think is 15...
Opening each exported letters from uofiddler in gimp (or any other graphic program)
Cutting in the grid each letter and place them as a layer above the letter I want to replace. Check size, color, imprefections.
Exporting new letters as my new bmp files. Importing them in UOFiddler et voila.

I like people who are not lazy, looking for and creating their own work. Not just talk and criticize. Well done D4rkh0bb1T. Great. :) Gud work.

Well thanks to all of you helping me on this forum! :D
This is my first attempt so far, trying with Diablo fonts for now, it looks good already,
needs some polish but it works very well if everything is tight in photoshop.

With patience everyone should be able to do it.

Attachments

• fonttest.png
    fonttest.png
    57.5 KB · Views: 48
  • fonttest3.png
    fonttest3.png
    31.9 KB · Views: 51
  • fonttest4.png
    fonttest4.png
    24.4 KB · Views: 50
  • logintest.png
    logintest.png