Hi there.

Wouldnt be great if we could do wereable´s anims in less than an hour?

There is a way to do it but we need work many hours to achieve it.

This way can be done by 2 ways, One way way faster but limited to weapons, and a second way that would allow us to create any kind of wereable, not only weapon but is much heavier to do.

I will not lie. Both ways are a lot of work so a team is needed to do it or sponsors. Well I´ll describe both methods.

-Light way (weapons): We have to use a 3D program to program every frame angle. So we download or create a model, and the 3d program will take every frame in the right camera angle automatic (more than 1000)
So we need to do it manual one time, but if we get it we could even download models and add it easy into our muls.

-HardWay (any wereable): This way is much heavier... much much heavier but results worth it. We need to replicate a 3D model of uo´s human´s animation. Once we get it, we need to save each camera to take photos as in the light way. Once we got this both things done all we need is to create and download our wereables 3d model, fit in on the body, remove body from view and tell program to take and export every frame needed.

I can lead the weapon project, But I dont have knowlodge for the second way that is the most convenient to do...

So if anyone is interested on this and want to share opinions or participate, lets talk about it. If we reach 4-8 members for the project we could make a plan about how distribute the work to dont burn ourselves with this.
Remember that It would be many many hours shared by 4-8 guys, or we could open project for all. But anyway the gonna be much hours to have this.

Note that if its done, this will be shared with UoCommunitys. This would be not for our personal usage.

Well ty and sorry for my eng. Not my natural language.

I thought about this for quite some time and decided to go with the first way.
A whole body would be great, but it's just so much more complicated.
And then you might as well just creates something else like dwarfs for example :)

I used the crook staff as a model. The animation works for items in the left hand, like staffs and pole-arms.
With little changes it can also be used for bows and crossbows. Shields are different.
It took me about ~30 hours to create all 1050 animations. But without some stupid mistakes it would have been less ;)

This is the walking cycle. No changes are made afterwards to the positioning, they are estimated from the item's position in the rendered picture.
I am really pleased with the results so far. At the moment i am working on some little adjustments to the positioning using this colourful rainbow-halberd :D
output_dkVW5S.gif
The program to process the rendered frames works well, but it will take me some more time to finish.
I can share more details if people are interested?

Which programs are you using? I have a 3dsmax file with the proper camera set up which i've used to make a few simple items.

I am using blender for all my graphics. (www.blender.org)
I've uploaded my basic scene as a resource in ClientMedia/Tutorials.
What are your camera settings in 3dsmax?

I am working on a program to process the rendered images to:
- reduce the images' size to the visible part and naming them suitable for mulpatcher
- estimate the offsets
- manual check and correct the offsets
- masking out parts covered by the body (masks are reusable)
- darken the outline
mask.png

i would be interested in getting your blender camera and settings! Ive always done stuff by hand and boy... is that painstaking hahaha

I'll release the blender file and the program for the post processing when i find the time to write some documentation and instructions on how to use it. The problem is, the blender file alone is not of much use and the program is not what you would call intuitive. But it works quite well, it only takes about 5-10 minutes to animate and post process the images when you have a 3d-model.
I only finished the frames for 2-handed items and shields though.
Also, its been a while, and i probably will rewrite at least parts of the program to save everbody some trouble ;)

I'll release the blender file and the program for the post processing when i find the time to write some documentation and instructions on how to use it. The problem is, the blender file alone is not of much use and the program is not what you would call intuitive. But it works quite well, it only takes about 5-10 minutes to animate and post process the images when you have a 3d-model.
I only finished the frames for 2-handed items and shields though.
Also, its been a while, and i probably will rewrite at least parts of the program to save everbody some trouble ;)

I downloaded blender just because of this thread.. I cant even figure out how to adjust the damn floor to the angle I need.. I was better with 3ds max so far any tutorials or what not would be awesome!

Back