Ok so i'm new here and might stab myself in the face but here goes. I have begun a runuo shard (not public at this time) for my family in four states and two countries. But recently i had someone i feel i can trust who hmmm... how do i say it descreetly, (knows this site) said i should convert everything over to ServUO. I have taken a few days now to read roughly over this. I like the site but atm , i dont see the benefits of converting to ServUO. My current shard is 6.0.14 but if i convert i want to go 7x. Thats presuming i dont have all the glitches and conflicts i had trying to run 7x RunUo on 2.3. I also see that there is a 2.4 here. Not sure if its the same as 2.3 , and to be honest i almost Dl'ed it to try it out with runuo but after some thought said, " well hell if i'm going convert i might as well convert 100%". So here's my biggest concerns, and questions. Do i have to run 7x? Does ServUO work with the new latest Razor? Does all my family have to DL something other than the current Razor they already have? And lastly, will RunUO scripts work with 2.4 ServUO? If not how long before a good library of scripts can be predicted?
Again sorry if this article offends anyone but this shard i'm doing is mostly for my family and i want it to work very smoothly with plenty of options to add scripts easily (drag n drops) As i am in the process of learning scripting now. I hope these questions are ok to ask and i hope i can get some honest opinions before i make any jumps here. Thank everyone for their time they are taking to read this, and any response they give. I fully understand its all opinions and objective. Good day.

Not sure I fully understand some of your questions but I can answers some. ServUO fully supports the latest client as well as Razor or even better UOSteam. If your family already has Razor then they should be fine. I'm just getting back into the swing of things so someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I think ServUO is based off RunUO 2.5 that Mark continued on with after leaving RunUO. For the most part ServUO is RunUO with added SA features that RunUO lacks among some other things. Most RunUO scripts will work with ServUO just fine. Some might require a bit of tweaking but if you run into any snags just feel free to post the problems you have in the Script Support section.

This isnt going to be easy . So let me start at beginning, i went to Run UO dl'ed v2.3 My client is 6.0.15. I want to go 7x but it will not update to max, thinking of wiping all uo crap off system and starting over from scratch, very frustrated atm.

I'm a little late to the party so excuse me for stepping in now.
If you already have a very heavily modified runuo server and you are not up for the task of re-doing scripts or attempting to merge scripts then I would suggest you stick with runuo as to not cause an extended downtime on your shard. Gain more knowledge on C# and how it works along with how runuo/servuo both work the best you can and then make an attempt on the side at trying to convert to servuo.

I converted my heavily modified runuo server over to servuo a few months agos, The thing that made it a breeze for me is that i kept everything i did very, very well documented. I keep a in detail changelog and I keep unique keywords commented into my major scripts that i note in the changelog. So every major addition or edit i've done I can search for the keyword and instantly find what I know I've done.

It can be difficult if you haven't documented your edits to quickly and almost seamlessly convert. So I guess after this long winded post I suggest to you that you should begin documenting your runuo shard's edits or just take a day or so and go full force at it. Servuo is the future in my opinion and it will have better bug fixxes in the long run.

Well i have only done some mods , nothing heavy to the shard, so at this point, i can go either way with little to no effort.

Back