By Request : CTF

Open for discussion, test versions will drop here prior to release!

Opening Notes : Started developing the base system, Player Control/Tracker and Flag testing!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Quick Video - Showcasing the progress to date, some details mentioned in video!

-This System will now be expanded upon and re branded : Random Event System!
+CTF is just one of many Games that will be made for this system!
+Designing for easy implementation of new custom games types!

Post automatically merged:

CTFTeaser3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Video Update : Complete Game Loop (Testing) [using placeholder gump/not polished - just a bare bones test]

Join Next Event?

EventSysTeaser.jpg

+You are able to start testing a beta copy, report any suggestions/bugs to this thread!

**Built on OneTime - Required**

-Plug and Play install, game auto starts and resets, no need to do anything but hit the green button!
-Need min 2 players to start an event!
-Only CTF enabled atm

CTF - Rules

Once you spawn into the game zone, you must locate the flag, once you find the flag you must hold onto it as long as possible, you get a point for every second you posses the flag. When you die, you return to the starting spawn location, if you were holding the flag, you'll drop it where you died! The game by default last for 15 mins, obtain as much points for your team as possible! Your score will follow the event, enjoy!

Notes

I can't test this with other players so I will rely on feedback to flesh this system out!

Attachments

• RandomEvent.zip
    7.1 KB · Views: 4
+You are able to start testing a beta copy, report any suggestions/bugs to this thread!

**Built on OneTime - Required**

-Plug and Play install, game auto starts and resets, no need to do anything but hit the green button!
-Need min 2 players to start an event!
-Only CTF enabled atm

CTF - Rules

Once you spawn into the game zone, you must locate the flag, once you find the flag you must hold onto it as long as possible, you get a point for every second you posses the flag. When you die, you return to the starting spawn location, if you were holding the flag, you'll drop it where you died! The game by default last for 15 mins, obtain as much points for your team as possible! Your score will follow the event, enjoy!

Notes

I can't test this with other players so I will rely on feedback to flesh this system out!
For sure today i start testing this awesome add.thank you!

Ok!first look at the system!
testing with 2x accounts in local machine,the one issue i see is the second player is not teleporting to the game area,but i think is adapted to one single player cause you are testing alone?,if yes is not an issue.
About the gumps tojoin the event,and the idea getting it random,just no words to say how fantastic this system can be.
One possible tip:
When player get the flag,is saying *Flag*,but not physical changes on the player,so if another players macro that speech can confuse others,maybe a full special color "during he have the flag"?Like items,skin and mount to see this player "special",is just an idea but could be positive any stetic change.
the gump when CTF is finished is fantastic too,showing scores,is awesome,maybe any broadcast saying CTF is done and "x" team win the event?
I know script is on development and for sure you have these ideads on mind,just say:
SO EXCITED TO CONTINUE TESTING NEXT UPDATES and for sure THANK YOU!.

I'll look into the teleport issue on second team player, I could have not changed something from my override, which I am removing to not have it plague me down the road, but I suspect I forgot something.

Yes, the Text Flag will be changed to an effect, which can not be reproduced by players and will not be something I have to worry about changing back on the players. I do intend on using colored robes and such to define teams, small details, and a proper scoreboard with breakdown of all players from both teams and a master scoreboard that keeps the top ten in each event type! The broadcast to world message, I didn't think of that and added on the todo list, so many big things to think about I find that you miss a lot of small stuff!

Great feedback, this helps a lot and the suggestions will be implemented!

*Includes bug fix for Second Player Teleport!

Attachments

• RandomEvent.zip
    7.2 KB · Views: 1
+Update

+Added new effect to mark flag holder, plus there robe blinks
+Team Robes, now they look like teams ... Ya Sponsors from B&W Outer Wear
+Cleaned up the Event Info Gump
+Added Kill/Death Tracking, will be shown on scoreboard, for next update!
+Added auto turn players to Red so they can forego the criminal act

The prototype scoreboard ... Coming next update!

EventSBTeaser.jpg

Attachments

• RandomEvent.zip
    8.7 KB · Views: 2
+Update

-Updated Team Names, it is now Team British vs Team Blackthorn
+Scoreboard Added, Game loop complete, now time to beef it up, add a few coats of wax!

Attachments

• RandomEvent.zip
    10.4 KB · Views: 10
Back