ServUO Version
Publish Unknown
Ultima Expansion
Mondain's Legacy
I have a RunUO V2.1 server and recently I noticed that when some Items are SingleClicked they will flash a 'very fast' message indicating a missing Cliloc just before they display the item's intended "name".

This 'very fast' message indicating a missing Cliloc only happens the very first time the item is single clicked but not on repeated clicks . . Unless I have an item that changes its' ItemID on DoubleClick. In that case I get the flashed message once more the first time the item with its' new ItemID is SingleClicked.

I have tried to prevent this by inserting my own OnSingleClick overrides but it makes no difference if I insert code for a OnSingleClick override or leave it out completely.

This problem It is not the end of the world but it has become a real annoyance.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a solution to this?

Here is an example of a script I have that does this:
Code:
using System;
using Server.Network;

namespace Server.Items
{
    public class FloorLampEast : Item
    {
        [Constructable]
        public FloorLampEast() : base(650)
        {
            Light = LightType.Circle150;

Weight = 50.0;
            ItemID = 650; 
            Name = "a floor lamp"; 
        }

public override void OnDoubleClick( Mobile m )
        {
            if (!m.InRange( this.GetWorldLocation(), 2 ))
            {
                m.LocalOverheadMessage( MessageType.Regular, 0x3B2, 1019045 ); // I can't reach that.
                return;
            }

if (Light == LightType.Empty)
            {
                Light = LightType.Circle150;
                m.PrivateOverheadMessage( MessageType.Regular, 1154, false, "You turn the light on.", m.NetState );
            }
            else if (Light == LightType.Circle150)
            {
                Light = LightType.Empty;
                m.PrivateOverheadMessage( MessageType.Regular, 1154, false, "You turn the light off.", m.NetState );
            }
        }

public FloorLampEast(Serial serial)
            : base(serial)
        {
        }

public override void Serialize(GenericWriter writer)
        {
            base.Serialize(writer);

writer.Write((int)0);
        }

public override void Deserialize(GenericReader reader)
        {
            base.Deserialize(reader);

int version = reader.ReadInt();
        }
     }
}

Any help enlightening me on how to solve this would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Runuo 2.1 its unstable the best one to have for Runuo is Runuo 2.5 and all your custom files and maps & so on can go right over easy

I hope this help you out

FYI Runuo is a older out of date now so there is not really anyone out there to help on Runuo think of going to ServUO there is more people out there to help you more

Thanks WhiteWolf . . I would love to be running on ServUO but . . . I have a highly customized shard with a lot of edits to .MUL files etc. As I understand it . . Making the move to ServUO would be a real mess for me and I would stand to lose the custom map work etc.

Looks like I am stuck in the past *smiles*

Thanks WhiteWolf . . I would love to be running on ServUO but . . . I have a highly customized shard with a lot of edits to .MUL files etc. As I understand it . . Making the move to ServUO would be a real mess for me and I would stand to lose the custom map work etc.

Looks like I am stuck in the past *smiles*
Yes I understand that I too have a Fully Custom Runuo and custom maps and all that but I did my home work and the ServUO server looking really good and they have things that Runuo dont have So at this time I am puttting all my custom work in to ServUO and yes its time killer to do so and I am doing on my own no ones help so what I am doing is one file at a time but if you dont want to do servuo I and want to use Runuo still Get out of Runuo 2.1 server and put in Runuo 2.5 and all your custom work can move easy I did have Runuo 2.1 and it where all bugs in it and I move to Runuo 2.5 and its lot better if you need help I be happy to help you out if I can

If you don't mind I will send you a 'PM' on this so we avoid kidnapping my own thread * smiles * I really appreciate your input on this and will endeavor to make the move to RunUO 2.5 After 13 years running my shard I cannot see making the giant leap to ServUO (as much as I would like to. *bows*

If you don't mind I will send you a 'PM' on this so we avoid kidnapping my own thread * smiles * I really appreciate your input on this and will endeavor to make the move to RunUO 2.5 After 13 years running my shard I cannot see making the giant leap to ServUO (as much as I would like to. *bows*
Sorry I didn't get back to you on Wednesday got busy at work ..
I love to help you out as much I can we need to get together and get this done for you

I actually Like RunUO 2.6 one of the most stable versions Ive seen for RunUo I do have a Clean Unedited version with server files included if needed in Winrar format.

Back