So I am trying to add some new BOD rewards. I was wondering if anyone knows how to add custom descriptions. Right now when I add them they're blank.

RewardCollection.Add(new BODCollectionItem(0x14F0, 0, 0x481, 625, PowerScroll, 5));

So I know the zero is where it relates to a CliLoc to show the description. But I was wondering if there was a way to go around that and put in my own message without having to edit CliLoc.

No. The latest server version purposefully removed that from the gump used to display the rewards.

Well, I shouldn't say "no." I should say "not easily." It is possible -- I have it on my shard, but it means a new gump for that purpose. It and custom UO Store items are among my few unique offerings so I'm keeping the actual code to myself for now.

No. The latest server version purposefully removed that from the gump used to display the rewards.

Well, I shouldn't say "no." I should say "not easily." It is possible -- I have it on my shard, but it means a new gump for that purpose. It and custom UO Store items are among my few unique offerings so I'm keeping the actual code to myself for now.

Well I appreciate the response, been digging around trying to figure it out. Closest I think I have found is somehow converting the tooltip to string or some sort of text definition so that I can just use a custom message. But no luck so far.

It's worse than that. Before the change that's how you'd do it -- using a cliloc that lets you supply your own text. But, guess what? Now there's specific code in the gump looking for those cliloc values and it blocks them! A great deal of effort was spent making sure you aren't sending anything but a numeric value to that gump.

Yeah I'm running Servuo on Pub 58 and it gave me false hope seeing the .TooltipText xml option but all attempts to get it to work failed. Ouch, regressing back to CliLoc's is a pain.

Back