golfin

Squire
I can't answer this question, I don't work with DragonMod. But it's an intuitive program, I'm sure you'll figure it out yourself. Furthermore, I would just like to confirm what my colleagues have written here. That's just the way it is. This is not a mistake, on the contrary it is the correct behavior when generating maps. I'll just add information to that. Working on a map, painting it in Adobe Photoshop is very challenging. You have to watch how to paint pixel by pixel at the bends of rivers, coasts, other terrain and so on. If you bend a landscape fractal, don't do it sharply. Sharp corners will always generate what you describe. Whether you're doing it with a dragon or a landscaper. It will always be the same. Bend the terrain fractal smoothly. You can then finish the transparent water in the center +. Although, I personally do it right in the UO landscaper, but I also adapted it for it and mainly modified the files and work methodology. This is too individual. Therefore, I would rather recommend that you generate a map first and then create transparent water in centred + (of course, if you want to create it at all).

HellRazor

Vita-Nex Sponsor
ok I understand, but in the dragon program there is an executable that I use to transform the BMP file into map0.mul, I use that same executable but I change the name that I'll save the file to statics0.mul or is it another executable?

Run Dragon.exe first to generate the map file. Then run DragonSP to generate the statics. Make sure both Waterx2.scp and 2xWater.scp are selected in DragonSP to include the coastlines.

Dragon tutorial here (see #10 for generating statics):

Domquixote

Citizen
Good guys once again, I managed to go through all the previous steps and I'm already able to create a correct map with all the edges of land and water ok but now a problem has arisen that I think will not be possible to solve and will probably throw all the work in the trash. Let's see if I can explain the problem and if someone will be able to answer me, I created the map and used the entire available zone, that is, I also took advantage of the black part of the map, the part that contains the dungeons and the green zone. The problem now arises is in specific areas of the map there is an error that I think is because I used the black areas of the map where it is either with a black band on the map or sea appears instead of land, I leave images below, some suggestion?

(as you can see in the images the black zone is actually like it doesn't exist because the part where the map ends in one image sticks exactly with the part of the other image)

1637534704097.png
1637534742155.png

HellRazor

Vita-Nex Sponsor
This behavior has to do with map "wrap points" and is hardcoded into the client. To change this, you'll need to either hex edit the official client, or use a custom client like Classic UO and make edits to the source code. You'd also need to make edits to the code for ships in the server.

If you don't need the entire map to be one large map, you can just move your edits in the dungeon area away from the area where the map wraps.

eri

Citizen
in client it is hardcoded where the black dungeonarea starts. so you can NOT create over the whole size your map, cause there is that break like you have in your second picture
the first picture is ok. you need to know, that uo shows black if you are at the border of the map - that is normal.

Domquixote

Citizen
This behavior has to do with map "wrap points" and is hardcoded into the client. To change this, you'll need to either hex edit the official client, or use a custom client like Classic UO and make edits to the source code. You'd also need to make edits to the code for ships in the server.

If you don't need the entire map to be one large map, you can just move your edits in the dungeon area away from the area where the map wraps.
hello once again, thank you in advance for your help because with that i have learned a lot. well after reading your answer i came to the conclusion that i will not be able to use the whole map because i make changes directly in the client i think it goes far beyond my capabilities and therefore i will give up this "project" and think of a new one. anyway I'll leave a picture of what I was doing just to give you an idea.

(for me it only made sense to make this map occupying everything because it would have good areas, if it decreases i think it will be very small and weird)

1637623806411.png
in client it is hardcoded where the black dungeonarea starts. so you can NOT create over the whole size your map, cause there is that break like you have in your second picture
the first picture is ok. you need to know, that uo shows black if you are at the border of the map - that is normal.
Thank you very much for your explanations and for your patience as this has helped me a lot to understand and grow =)