Status
Not open for further replies.
ServUO Version
Publish Unknown
Ultima Expansion
Endless Journey
Ok.. so fresh off of 2014; fired up my server and everything looks great, except....
I have custom map files, which now appear to cause the client to crash (they worked flawlessly back in the day)
The only thing I noticed off the bat, is the name format of the map files are now e.g. map0LegacyMUL.uop vs map0.mul, and there is now an additional file for each map in the format of map0xLegacyMUL.uop

Any insight? -TIA!

You can contact me on Discord if you want to debug together MrRiots#4942

Follow-up (in case anyone else stumbles across this issue):

it's the client version definition formatting in ClassicUO
if I set the 'version' field to 7.0.20.0 - tile issues. (even though that's the actual client version). If i set it to 7.0.2.0, it works (even if the client's actual version is 7.0.23.0)

Now I have 7_0_60_47 working (ClassicUO Version field: 7.0.6.0)

Is it possible that you are using an old art or tiledata file?

Beginning with client 7.0.9.0 (High Seas), the art limits were extended to 0x13FDC, and the structure of artidx.mul, tiledata.mul, multi.mul, and animdata.mul were all changed to add new flags and/or to accommodate the new art limits. And I think the size of tiledata.mul was increased to accommodate the new limits too, if I remember correctly.

If you are using a pre-High Seas art or tiledata.mul, and setting the Classic UO version to 7.0.9.0 or higher, it would probably cause problems.

I hope this helps!

HR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back