I was told there was a script that has Customised Moongates to put the Dungeons on the gates, but I am Noobie and am having problems navigating this site.

The "Custom Releases" section is where to find all the custom scripts.

Sounds like you're looking for Daat99's World Omniporter. You'll probably want to use version 2.4 unless you have custom maps.

The "Custom Releases" section is where to find all the custom scripts.

Sounds like you're looking for Daat99's World Omniporter. You'll probably want to use version 2.4 unless you have custom maps.

I went to that page and have been there, but I do not see a script at all?

One word of advice: When you start changing server files : { and } are paramount. Make sure every { is properly closed with a }.

Also, you don't be able to simply update the server scripts by downloading the newest version when Djeryv posts them (since it would overwrite your changes). Get Winmerge and youll have to manually "ok" and merge the newest server with your old ones, making sure you keep the changes you made intact.

My suggested tweaks (I can help with since i did them):

You can really have a lot of fun here - I fixed taming with one of the easiest tweaks ever - taming was a royal pain to gain, because it didn't have any passive checks. So when taming, I added a passive check while you're taming (like animal lore passive checks). Taming 100% better now.

I always wanted a chicken pet with me, so i added a 1 in 200 chance that a chicken will spawn as a "friendly" chicken. this chicken doesn't take a follower count and has crappy damage but high health. My way to have a pet follow me everywhere.

Also, i never understood decay - boats don't decay, items don't decay. If i leave something on the floor itll be there the next time i play - 100% better. Since i'm the only one playing this won't be an issue.

I also tweaked the death mechanism in odyssey... everytime i died and got resurrected i lost skill, stats AND gold? it killed me as a new player and eventually i had no more gold so couldn't get resurrected easily. It was incredibly hard to make progress as a new player. Now Resurrect gump takes stats and skills away, but resurecting at ankh or healer just costs gold. IF i don't have gold it costs stats/skills (only 1%). I understand making death a thing is important, but this was crazy for new players.

Also removed female/male only tameables. I plan on only having one character so now he can ride everything if he can tame it.

Changed skillgain: the way it worked before: the less TOTAL skills you had made gaining easier. If you had 100 skill pts and a 1000 cap, you gained easy. Since most people will hit that 1000 in no time, skillgains would always be slower from that point, regardless if they are trying to gain a new skill with 0 points in it. So now, it checks the skill only. The lower you are in a skill the easier it is to gain - none of that total skill cap thing that made no sense.

Speaking of skillgain, anti-macro code?? why... this is a solo game. Who cares how i gain skill, i'm the only one playing! Anti-MAcro: GONE.

And max houses per account??? Why?? If i want to build and decorate 20 homes on a solo server, am i really going to create a second account to do that? No way. houses per account cap GONE. that was put in place because of the limited landmass in UO and to get players to pay for 3+ accounts for OSI. Not needed in a server like odyssey IMHO.
Post automatically merged:

Oops wrong thread!

Last edited:
Back