1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom music?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Psycho84, May 11, 2014.

1. Psycho84

Psycho84 New Member

Hello everyone,

lately I've been trying to replace the standard in-game music with custom mp3s... and had very little success in doing so.
    I'm aware that the directory dealing with in-game music is Music/digital, and that Config.txt must cointain the right names for the files I wish to use, but no luck so far.
    Searching around, I've stumbled on people either stating that simply replacing/renaming your old files should do the trick, and others talking about changing the file's bit rate/Hz so that is matches the ones of the file you wish to replace. Neither seem to work.

I'm obviously missing something here, I just don't know what it is. Has any of you had any luck replacing their mp3s with custom ones?

Thanks for your time. :)

2. Enroq

Enroq Active Member

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't have a config.txt

Are your .mp3 files Bit Rates 64Kbits per second?

#2 Enroq, May 11, 2014
    Last edited: May 11, 2014
  3. Safera

Safera Member

I'm curious about this as well. Let us know if you figure anything out.

4. tass23

I have successfully replaced existing music, but what I replaced was stuff that was no longer used anywhere, not sure if that made a difference. The MP3 files must be the exact same bitrate as the original files. The UO client only processes that bitrate, anything else and either it won't work at all or you'll get shard crashes trying to use it. I have not however, patched the changes out to my players yet, it's only on my local test shard.