Resource icon

David's Conversational Townsperson 1.1a

No permission to download

Zavreyon

Gold Donator
Apr 5, 2015
mtindell submitted a new resource:

David's Conversational Townsperson - Customizable Talking NPCs

This was written for RunUO 2.0 by David, some of you may remember him from RunUO forums, he was a moderator there and genuinely helpful guy. He wrote a lot of the early tutorials also. I know this has been uploaded to some of the RunUO archive sites, but someone asked about it in another thread here at ServUO so I thought I would post it here as well so that when people search here they can find it.

I have tested the script with ServUO 55.1 on Mono 5.18.0.268 and it works without any...
Read more about this resource...

Milva

Admin
Mar 3, 2013
Donate
Donate money to this user
Agree he was very helpful :) I still have his guard spawner- mob would drop a key

Arcadius

Gold Donator
Oct 22, 2016
Crash and burn on this script.

Code:
Server Crash Report
===================

ServUO Version 0.5, Build 6472.26597
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
.NET Framework: 4.0.30319.42000
Time: 3/16/2019 4:02:59 AM
Mobiles: 13929
Items: 882518
Exception:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Users\ted_g\Desktop\ServUO-master reboot\ServUO-master\shardbackup.3-14-2019\Data\SpeechRules.xml'.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize)
   at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials, IWebProxy proxy, RequestCachePolicy cachePolicy)
   at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(Uri absoluteUri, String role, Type ofObjectToReturn)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrlDelegate(Object xmlResolver)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
   at System.Threading.CompressedStack.Run(CompressedStack compressedStack, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrl()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent()
   at System.Data.DataSet.ReadXml(XmlReader reader, XmlReadMode mode, Boolean denyResolving)
   at System.Data.DataSet.ReadXml(String fileName, XmlReadMode mode)
   at Server.Mobiles.Data.SpeechData.LoadData()
   at Server.Mobiles.Data.SpeechData.Initialize()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at Server.ScriptCompiler.Invoke(String method) in c:\Users\Ted Gress\Desktop\ServUO-master reboot\ServUO-master\ServUO-master\Server\ScriptCompiler.cs:line 667
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args) in c:\Users\Ted Gress\Desktop\ServUO-master reboot\ServUO-master\ServUO-master\Server\Main.cs:line 558

Clients:
- Count: 0

PyrO

Jan 27, 2015
Well your C:\Users\ted_g\Desktop\ServUO-master reboot\ServUO-master\shardbackup.3-14-2019\Data\SpeechRules.xml file doesnt exist

Arcadius

Gold Donator
Oct 22, 2016
Come on PyrO I know that much. The question is what is the functionality of that file and why is it missing from the .rar?

Zavreyon

Gold Donator
Apr 5, 2015
readme said:
With version 1.1 the starter speech database is intentionally mis-named to avoid overwriting any current databases. To use the starter database look in the RunUO\Data folder and rename the file “Rename.SpeechRules.XML” to “SpeechRules.XML.”

PyrO

Jan 27, 2015
or use the empty one and add the rules / speeches with the edtior. Only now looked at the package.