ServUO Version
Publish 57
Ultima Expansion
Endless Journey
Who does everyone use for a dedicated server.
I just want a database I can dump ServUO into run the ServUO.exe and grab the IP and connect.

Last edited:
I have been looking into this recentley too and I found this post from not long ago, Voxpire added some information in another thread somewhere too.

Dot TK - Find a new FREE domain

Can find free domain names here - Information from Okk3 / Okke

Its pretty easy to host your own server and it's not super resource intensive depending on player count, when I first started hosting a shard I had a 300MHz computer in my closet set up to play on.. man that makes me feel old lol..

Its pretty easy to host your own server and it's not super resource intensive depending on player count, when I first started hosting a shard I had a 300MHz computer in my closet set up to play on.. man that makes me feel old lol..
My ISP doesnt allow any form of Personal Server on their network it straight up will lock you out.
This is why Im looking for a cheap 10 maybe 15 person server host.

Last edited:
Ahh gotcha, really any VPS or Dedicated Server should be able to handle it but a dedicated would give your more resources and control over the system.. ultimately it's up to you and how much you want to spend as those often cost more. I would look over that guide then go online and compare some prices, you can always come back here and ask about the site before you purchase. I've had hosting at quite a few different companies personally.

Right now I host my own server using a dedicated rack server but I host it at home on a 1GB network.. well tbf I host it in Texas at my mothers lol, I'm not lucky enough to have 1GB Fiber :p

My ISP doesnt allow any form of Personal Server on their network it straight up will lock you out.
This is why Im looking for a cheap 10 maybe 15 person server host.
You can try to find the cheap VPS server with 2 Cores 3GHz, RAM 4-6GB Max, Windows Server 2012 , SSD 40-80GB Max. - it will be more than enough for a good start with online 50-100.
The newer the OS, the more it will consume RAM and disc space. Windows server 2012 - supports .NET Core, so don't need to use newer versions.

You can try to find the cheap VPS server with 2 Cores 3GHz, RAM 4-6GB Max, Windows Server 2012 , SSD 40-80GB Max. - it will be more than enough for a good start with online 50-100.
The newer the OS, the more it will consume RAM and disc space. Windows server 2012 - supports .NET Core, so don't need to use newer versions.
Would a VDS from NFOservers work?
2 Cores, 2GB RAM, Windows Server 2012 , 200GB Storage, 12000GB bandwidth Tranfer.
I can easily add 2-4GB of more RAM if absolutely needed.

Looks to be about:
$18/Month - 2GB RAM
$26/Month - 4GB RAM
$36/Month - 6GB RAM

And on that subject has anyone tried running a ServUO server on an Amazon Server?

If you go with a Linux server you can get:
  • Four virtual CPU cores
  • 4096 MB of RAM
  • 300 GB of RAID-protected storage
  • 24000 GB of bandwidth transfer
for $23.99/mo which isn't bad, with Linux you can probably even go cheaper with 2 cores since it will likely run more efficiently than Windows.

That's just my opinion though, it really depends how comfortable you are with Linux as well.

If you go with a Linux server you can get:
  • Four virtual CPU cores
  • 4096 MB of RAM
  • 300 GB of RAID-protected storage
  • 24000 GB of bandwidth transfer
for $23.99/mo which isn't bad, with Linux you can probably even go cheaper with 2 cores since it will likely run more efficiently than Windows.

That's just my opinion though, it really depends how comfortable you are with Linux as well.
Im not at all ive literally never used Linux a day in my life.

Would a VDS from NFOservers work?
2 Cores, 2GB RAM, Windows Server 2012 , 200GB Storage, 12000GB bandwidth Tranfer.
I can easily add 2-4GB of more RAM if absolutely needed.

Looks to be about:
$18/Month - 2GB RAM
$26/Month - 4GB RAM
$36/Month - 6GB RAM

And on that subject has anyone tried running a ServUO server on an Amazon Server?
Amazon or Azure be ideal, but require more skill.
When choosing a VPS / VDS, pay attention to the type of virtualization, processor power and availability of SSD disks, as well as pre-test the ping and choose the appropriate country from which the best ping for your players will be. You can google about virtualization types. It makes no sense to pay more than $20-30 per month for VPS, because there are many offers available on the market.
If you're from USA, you could try to looking VPS servers in EU, and they're in 90% cases will have solution for US but several times cheaper.
Also lot of host can provide to you a test period that you can be sure of your choice. If this is not written about, you can always clarify this nuance in those support.
Also, if you have not worked with Linux before, do not use it if you are not ready. Because it takes even more skill and there's a good chance you'll end up back on Windows anyway, spending your money and time twice.
I forget about OS tip. Lot of host can provide windows OS for free or just trial version. So don't need to pay for license additional 25-50$. Also part of hosts can give to you access to upload your own Windows or any other OS image, or just use your license key.

Back