So I'm trying to get the Dragon Desktop to work. (http://uo-desktop.com/dragon.htm) I got it working in the client but when I turn on my ServUO™ and open Razor™, the only thing that changes is the color of the words to blue. I think using the "client.exe" in my client files might work but I don't know how to set it up to where "client.exe" will open my server instead.

You need to overwrite those art/gump/tiledata whatever files in your client set of files, not so much the server (though I recommend overwriting both to avoid issues).

Edit: Client.exe has nothing to do with anything regarding the desktop images other than telling the .mul/.uop files which ones to use based on era/release of the client version you're using.

When I extracted the Desktop files into my client, it didn't prompt me to overwrite anything, I don't think my client had patchdata.mul or fonts.mul, and I don't see any tiledata anywhere.

You need to either overwrite files, or merge them. If you're using a .uop client version (anything above 7.0.23.1) you'll have to unpack the .uop's to .mul format, do the edits, and then repack them to .uop format. All of this is done with Fiddler plus some plugins.

I haven't tested that client from UOArchive but it's been tagged for quite awhile and mentioned by others that it's a custom client. It has a custom map and custom art so it might not be what you are looking for.

Back