I'm testing a few custom gumps and I notice this console message comes up, occasionally multiple times for some (not all) of my gumps:

Notice: DisplayGumpPacked creating new 36864 byte buffer

I noticed this was brought up awhile back in this thread: https://www.servuo.com/threads/unknown-string-on-console.1483/

The message doesn't always appear even if I open the same gump that caused the message previously. I was curious if I needed to worry about this. It makes me wonder if my gump code is inefficient in some way.

Forgot to mention I am running in debug mode

It isn't anything to worry about it's just a message that the gump packet is larger than the norm. I have the message commented out myself.

I also have it commented out.

If I recall correctly, it warns us because that particular buffer instance won't be recycled back into the pool and will be discarded for garbage collection, which isn't as efficient as reusing it.

The [VNC control panel can cause the warning to appear, but shards with SuperGumps installed automatically have their default Gump buffer size increased.

Ah, I was wondering why I always got this message when opening up the VNC menu. :) I figured it wasn't anything to worry about.

It can handle it, its just an information so to say that it was resized to fit all data in

Back