Hi everyone!

Happy to see there is still a lot of interest for this great game!

I've been trying lately to build a custom map for a private shard with some friends, and I planned to use Dragonmod13 to make a base map and then modify it later using Centred+. I've been having all sort of issues which I finally resolved, but now i'm facing a huge one.

I've made a bmp map using GIMP and the colorpalette.aco that came with my dragonmod installation. Once I convert my bmp to map.mul, I try to see and modify it using Centred+, but the result of my map looks like this (see below). Has this ever happened to anyone or does anyone have any clue as to what I did wrong?

Thanks!

Centred issue.png

I’m pretty sure this has to do with the color of those pixel. In photoshop I use the color palette and then right before I prepare the bmp file I change it to indexed color which locks all pixel color values to a color on the palette. If the color is not exactly matching then you get that weird pattern where it approximates the color by putting a few similar colors next to each other in that tight quilt pattern.
I’m not sure what the terminology in gimp would be but check your colors in that part of the image and zoom in real close.

I’m pretty sure this has to do with the color of those pixel. In photoshop I use the color palette and then right before I prepare the bmp file I change it to indexed color which locks all pixel color values to a color on the palette. If the color is not exactly matching then you get that weird pattern where it approximates the color by putting a few similar colors next to each other in that tight quilt pattern.
I’m not sure what the terminology in gimp would be but check your colors in that part of the image and zoom in real close.
Used photoshop 5.5 and indexed the colors. It worked!

You sir, are a life saver, thank you very much!

All the dragonmods are available on the darkshard dvd. Search this site for it. It has most tools needed.

Back