So I am building a small town for an event. Being able to add default house multis would be awesome. I obviously don't want to buy the house and then add it or I would be the owner and I couldn't decorate the inside and let players come and go freely without hassle. Is there a way to add one without it being an actual house but just decoration?

I can't find any through the [add menu or pandora but I'm sure there has to be. lol

Not quite sure what you mean- only way I know of to add a house is the house placement tool- set it to public so any one can go in and [props the sign to not decay- or place one with UO Architect (building to place) any one could go in also-or even an addon building
If I'm off at what your needing sing out :)

No it sounds like you know what I am asking. I was just hoping there was a more simple way to make them none reliant on a player so that I knew it was always permanent. I would hate to accidently lose a key or rename / delete my character or something and an entire town go poof lol

ok I understand- well a building placed as either an addon or a uo architect buildings wouldn't be tied to your char of course
if not froze they could be wiped by mistake. But with having either of the above they could be replaced or just build all the buildings you want with pandora's :)

I hear a LOT of people mention this UO arcatect. Do you by chance have a link or more information about it? Sounds like something I might want to check out. lol

Would using statics be a valid option?
Why making a town with houses?

Is your plan sticking houses together to create a big terrain for the town?
Did you consider the "leave house" context menu?

Would using statics be a valid option?
Why making a town with houses?

Is your plan sticking houses together to create a big terrain for the town?
Did you consider the "leave house" context menu?

I am doing a rather large ongoing event story. The first part of it involves a little custom town so it's not going to be determinant. Just something that will last a month or 2. I just figured using the pre-made houses was easier than adding custom build ones from scratch. I prefer not to make them static since they wont be perminant plus I try to stay away from making players download additional files cause they like to be lazy sometimes. lol

I dont plan on making a big terrain no. It's really just a small town with maybe 10 buildings that will be invaded.
What do you mean the leave house menu? Once you leave a house doesnt it start to decay?

so you want to add a house like one of the normal houses that isn't actually owned by someone?

[add basemulti <multiID>

to remove it you'll have to do

[area remove where basemulti
and then target around the item

By the way, you don't need to pass them any files when you place statics, i was not talking about using centrED and putting statics :p
things like:
[tile static 1313 4
to create a floor;

[tile static 464
to create a wall etc.

Wouldn't the town look like a player-town with multis?

Oh I see what you meant now. Yea that's an option. I was just trying to kind of save some time since it's not going to be permanent. Maybe I can just do a combo of all the options to save time and make it not look so player ran.

zerodowned with the winning answer!
I like building pyramids out of descending sized house foundations using [add basemulti :D

I have noticed though, that some of the more obscure multis have serious issues with caching, like the one that represents a castle, you can add them, but if you walk off-screen and come back, they don't load up; you still can't walk on the tiles it takes up, but if you do manage to, it will load up again. So weird, if anyone else has experienced this, or knows how to fix it, let me know :p

I had a play with this a while back. I used UO Architect to export buildings from UO to the UOA database (some from Britain as well as player houses) and then just used the build command to place them in a group. The nice thing about this is that you can knock bits out of them to make them look like they've been in an invasion/war zone after the dragons or whatever have left.

Back