Lokai

Lokai submitted a new resource:

Dung and Fertilizer System - The "politically correct and family friendly" poop collection system

Lucid Nagual wrote a horse pooping system, which included getting your shoes mucky, picking up poop and throwing it at people, and honestly, I thought it could use a serious overhaul.

The Result: The "politically correct and family friendly" cow dung and fertilizer system. Here is what you get:

new BaseCreature: FarmCow - this is just like your ordinary cow, but it produces dung on a timer (currently set to every 7 minutes, with first spawn occurring after 1...

Read more about this resource...

This will work amazingly with my farming/harvesting system.

You can even make poop cool, sir. Well done.

Wonderful unique system for sure and so many ways to build on this, to fertilize flowers, tree's, vegetables plus as you stated create a farmer npc to buy this up :)

Haha. Great! Could further expand on this with turning the bucket of fertilizer into "Eco-Friendly Fuel" that speeds up boats for a short time. Not Not sure which skill you would add the making of the eco-fuel to, maybe farming as per m309? But, as always, I always love things that improve upon the player-run economy.

I just played with this and love it a lot this is really a great little script.
Could I offer a couple ideas or suggestions on improving it into a full farm script.

1) How hard would it be to have an add on barn which the cows can be placed in (And only allowed to be placed there and can not walk out of the boundaries)
So they are not wondering around the shard but staying confined to a player farm.

2) Have the cow also give milk like the old Milk and Cheese system

This combined with someone using one of those scripts that's around that allows the animals to mate and reproduce would give a complete cow system to the game.

Or take it the extreme.....BOOM! Maybe add some exploding potions to a bag of fert and get a big bomb. Not that I'd know anything about that! <----that post could definitely raise keyword flags.

Have the cow also give milk like the old Milk and Cheese system

As far as I know, this still works. This is just like any cow, plus the dung.

So they are not wondering around the shard

They won't wander if you limit them on your XmlSpawner. I tested this by replacing Cow with FarmCow on the spawners just outside Brit, in the fenced in area, works great.

It's been a long time since I played around with that Milk and Cheese script looked at it again and realized you did not need to make edits to cows the stool itself contains all the coding.
Pretty cool we now have a pooping , milking hourse yippie.

aTrueGod you crack me up thats for fertilizer use. I had a guy when I used to work for walmart that would always come in and be like now I could blow this place up by spending just about five mins in the lawn and garden center. Now I wouldnt ever do that I'm just saying. We got so used to it never phased us anymore but scared the devil out of newbies lol.

This is the best and most important release in the history of UO emulation. Thank you very much. You have inspired me to do great things.

I have the original Wild Horse that Poo's. The items that it drops strips pieces of your armor make to its natural state and the poo you can pick up and throw like a snow ball. Anyone interested in getting it let me know.

Also in the cooking expansion set i created by combining a bunch of awesome scripts the person that wrote the animal one added that feature in there. just make me wander if they didn't get it off Lucid Nagual scripts.

Also in the cooking expansion set i created by combining a bunch of awesome scripts the person that wrote the animal one added that feature in there. just make me wander if they didn't get it off Lucid Nagual scripts.

And.....wait for it....

Top of the post... said:
Lucid Nagual wrote a horse pooping system, which included getting your shoes mucky, picking up poop and throwing it at people, and honestly, I thought it could use a serious overhaul

SO how hard would it be to make the fertilizer subtract a day or two from the growing process on stock UO plant? This is neat, gonna make a poop quest i think and use this as part of it :D

SO how hard would it be to make the fertilizer subtract a day or two from the growing process on stock UO plant? This is neat, gonna make a poop quest i think and use this as part of it :D

I would say not extremely hard. You would probably need to add a variable to the plants to store if they have been fertilized, so that you would only be able to do so one time, then add an "OnDoubleClick" method to the poop which lets you target a plant to fertilize. When it does so, just reduce the time left for the next growth phase or whatever.

Ok It didn't do anything for me the fertilizer. How does this work? Do I leave the bucket locked in my garden??

And, wait for it....

Lokai said:
new Item: BucketOfFertilizer - Surprisingly, this little beauty does...yep, absolutely nothing. If you want this to be worth anything, you can add it to your farming system, or you can change the SBInfo on your Farmers so that they will buy it.

Back