Hey, was wondering if you can offset the EFFECT command somehow, i can give it fixed coordinates (EFFECT,itemid,duration,x,y,z) but i cant get it to work with any combination of INC that comes to mind. Any solution for this?

Hey Xarva, did you check :

- added the new MEFFECT keyword that allows moving effects to be specified. The syntax is
MEFFECT,itemid[,speed][,x,y,z][,x2,y2,z2]
When x,y,z is specified the moving effect will start at the location and move toward the target object. This syntax must be used as a modifier of a spawned object. If x,y,z is omitted, then the starting location will be the location of the spawner.
For example, to have an fireball move from the spawner location to a triggering player,
SETONTRIGMOB/MEFFECT,14036,3
To have it move from a specified location such as (1500,1100,10) to the triggering player
SETONTRIGMOB/MEFFECT,14036,3,1500,1100,10
Note that the z coordinate should be above ground level to avoid the appearance of ground clipping.
When x2,y2,z2 is also specified the moving effect will start at x,y,z and end at x2,y2,z2 allowing the effect to move between two arbirary locations in the world. This syntax can be used as a standalone keyword. For example the following entry would create a fireball travelling between the two locations.
MEFFECT,14036,3,1500,1100,10,1520,1120,10

Hey, was wondering if you can offset the EFFECT command somehow, i can give it fixed coordinates (EFFECT,itemid,duration,x,y,z) but i cant get it to work with any combination of INC that comes to mind. Any solution for this?
Any updates on this?
Did it get resolved with @primitif's advice?

Hey Xarva, did you check :

- added the new MEFFECT keyword that allows moving effects to be specified. The syntax is
MEFFECT,itemid[,speed][,x,y,z][,x2,y2,z2]
When x,y,z is specified the moving effect will start at the location and move toward the target object. This syntax must be used as a modifier of a spawned object. If x,y,z is omitted, then the starting location will be the location of the spawner.
For example, to have an fireball move from the spawner location to a triggering player,
SETONTRIGMOB/MEFFECT,14036,3
To have it move from a specified location such as (1500,1100,10) to the triggering player
SETONTRIGMOB/MEFFECT,14036,3,1500,1100,10
Note that the z coordinate should be above ground level to avoid the appearance of ground clipping.
When x2,y2,z2 is also specified the moving effect will start at x,y,z and end at x2,y2,z2 allowing the effect to move between two arbirary locations in the world. This syntax can be used as a standalone keyword. For example the following entry would create a fireball travelling between the two locations.
MEFFECT,14036,3,1500,1100,10,1520,1120,10
(Which was awesome, by the way. Nicely done!)

Back