Does anyone know how to start this?
Does anyone know if it even works?

The quest comes with the RunUO distro and what I've done is layed out the mobiles and items... I have no idea how to trigger it and none of the mobiles are offering my character the quest.

it is a classic quest from UO... the title of the quest is Eminos Undertaking... I'm just trying to figure out how to trigger it. Otherwise I'm going to have to scrap it.

The link above has this within the quest- so I have to think you start with a certain quest person and continue on with a couple questers he being one

public class UnfadingMemoriesThreeQuest : BaseQuest
{
public UnfadingMemoriesThreeQuest()
: base()
{
this.AddObjective(new DeliverObjective(typeof(BridesLetter), "brides letter", 1, typeof(Emilio), "Artist"));
this.AddReward(new BaseReward(typeof(Bleach), 1075375)); // Bleach
}

Thanks Milva... that quest works perfect... but the Emino's Undertaking quest does not; they aren't the same.

This quest along with the Newbie Ninja quest, and the newbie chivalry quest were setup in old haven before the island changed & they may have been triggered by character creation choice by profession chosen: Samurai, Ninja, Paladin, Necromancer.
There is a map location found on malas map that new players were teleported to for the SE related quests. Chivalry you had to follow a path of stones through haven and help the militia fighters near the cannons fight off Horde Minions near the old lookout tower. Once the Island transformed Horde Minions were removed from the game with the exception of Fan Dancer Dojo. These quest scripts remain part of the repo as it applies to Pre-ML Eras SE and AOS.
Necromancy quest also that is from same time period just behind old haven dock was its location.
New Haven created the new quests you see now with the advanced skill gain areas, with Keepers of Chiv, Ninja, and Bushido to sell you the respective spellbooks.
SE Newb Map.jpgsee pic of SE training map
**There was also another quest in Luna a section with a force field near entrance and a cave with a barrier blocking the entrance; something to do with a scroll of abraxus or something along those lines which may also be Era driven. The cave entrance also was guarded by Horus if my memory serves, which may have been a quest mobile.

Last edited:
This has been fixed by Fraz.... Everyone is going to need to put this at the top of Emino's 'OnTalk' method:

Under This Code:

Code:
public override void OnTalk(PlayerMobile player, bool contextMenu)
{
     QuestSystem qs = player.Quest;

Add This Code:

Code:
if (qs == null && QuestSystem.CanOfferQuest(player, typeof(EminosUndertakingQuest)))
{
     this.Direction = this.GetDirectionTo(player);
     new EminosUndertakingQuest(player).SendOffer();
}
else  if (qs is EminosUndertakingQuest)
[doublepost=1464796915][/doublepost]The above code seems to fix a lot of classic quests with a little tweaking:

Just replace the EminosUntertakingQuest entries with the name of the quest you are trying to get working. Otherwise the code goes in the same place; that is to say within the OnTalk method of the quest giver.

The above code seems to fix a lot of classic quests with a little tweaking:

Just replace the EminosUntertakingQuest entries with the name of the quest you are trying to get working. Otherwise the code goes in the same place; that is to say within the OnTalk method of the quest giver.

Forgive me I am new and learning I am looking at Morganna.cs now trying to apply the fix to get the skill gain quests working on New Haven. I can see the quest here but not seeing an OnTalk method. If someone would be willing to guide me I would like to fix them all or at least help get them all fixed.

Back