Lokai

Found this in BaseWeapon.cs:

Code:
            /*
            * Want to move this to the engraving tool, let the non-harmful
            * formatting show, and remove CLILOCs embedded: more like OSI
            * did with the books that had markup, etc.
            * This will have a negative effect on a few event things imgame
            * as is.
            * If we cant find a more OSI-ish way to clean it up, we can
            * easily put this back, and use it in the deserialize
            * method and engraving tool, to make it perm cleaned up.
            */

if (!String.IsNullOrEmpty(m_EngravedText))
            {
                list.Add(1062613, m_EngravedText);
            }
            /* list.Add( 1062613, Utility.FixHtml( m_EngravedText ) ); */

I was thinking of doing something similar in BaseArmor, but I am not sure what these notes are about. Does anyone know what they mean?

What is the "negative effect"?

** EDIT **

I am using the latest ServUO, but just noticed that this has been around since RunUO 2.2 - 2.3 ish. Evidently these notes have survived many versions of the Server. Perhaps only a true old-timer would be able to answer this...

Last edited:
Based on what I see the field is able to display the limited html that the UO client is able to support. So when engraving <Color=####> would have an effect. The Clean up that's now commented out he was saying could be handled during server load and would be cleaned up at that time... Moving it to the Engraving tool would mean the clean up would be done when getting the text from the user.

Thank you. That helps clarify what they are saying. It would be nice to add the similar code into BaseArmor sometime. I have created the engraving tool, but it needs that part in there to be fully working.

A server I staffed on & scripted for some years back had engravable armor. We used
Code:
            list.Add(1053099, "{0}\t{1}", oreType, GetNameString()); // ~1_oretype~ ~2_armortype~
            if (!String.IsNullOrEmpty(m_EngravedText))
                list.Add(1062613, m_EngravedText);
at the bottom of the AddNameProperty.
As I recall, we had some odd names on armor, weapons & containers for a while.

Back