Hi there, I set up a new ServUO server and connected to it via the enhanced client. There seems to be a bug where the inventory slots seem to get messed up, at first you are able to arrange them as you will, but after some playing items seem to get "stuck" to particular slots.
Has anyone resolved that issue? Maybe there's another build of ServUO for EC?

PS. Another small thing is that I don't seem to get any hairstyles from the hairstylist?

I ran into the same issue and managed to narrow it down somewhat.
It seems that grid slots get 'blocked' until the next client restart. if an item is removed from the inventory by any means other than actually moving the item around manually, including but not limited to quest turn-ins and adding items to BODs. Possibly also smelting, or re-combining ore.

I'd very much love to see this fixed, as I enjoy the features of the non-legacy containers such as searching for item affixes (w00t!)

I snooped around in the code a bit and may have found a fix.

If someone could verify this (or improve on it), it should probably added to the master.

(content deleted because it was outdated)

Last edited:
Santaranger, I would love to verify this for you. Is that portion on your screenshot the only changes that you made to the item.cs file? If possible can you send me the complete file and I'll test it out for you. This bug is driving me crazy too.

The original fix I posted had some issues with items being stacked on top of each other (the opposite of the original issue).

Actually, I have been heavily working on this over the past week and now I have another version, which I feel more confident sharing.
Feel free to try it (put it in your Server folder and recompile) and let me know if you find any issues.

I will test it for a few more hours myself and will probably create a pull request this weekend.

The following should work OK now regarding grid slots:
  • dying
  • re-equipping insured items from inventory when double-clicking the corpse.
  • using up crafting materials
  • using up crafting tools
  • ... (din't keep track of all thiungs tested)
What I haven't tested (yet):
  • classic client (not planning to)
  • BODs
  • quests, to a larger extent
EDIT: I just tested some agents (resupply) and it seems there is still a lot more work to do...

(attachment deleted because it was outdated)

Last edited:
I don't care about legacy containers. The features of the new ones are too good to pass on.
I have a new version which I hope has fixed some organizing/restocking agents issues.

\Server\Item.cs
\Server\Items\Container.cs

Attachments

• Container.cs
    43.4 KB · Views: 14
  • Item.cs
    173.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Santaranger,

I gave it a whirl and its working PERFECTLY. I tested on BODs, ressurrection after dying, etc. its all working. In fact I notice that for Gamemasters/owners, if the bagcount is more than the default 125, it automatically switches to List mode. And you can't turn it back to grid unless you reduce the bagcount. nifty

I also tested on 2d, no issue.

Great job mate. This really should go into the repo.
[doublepost=1503666812][/doublepost]Ah just found out 1 problem. Items generated by crafting will cause the grids to become unusable again. Sorry for the previous hasty remark.

I can't reproduce this. I have now tried smithing, tinkering, tailoring and inscription, and all worked fine, even smelting via salvage bag.

What were you crafting exactly, and how did you remove the item from the inventory slot for it to become stuck?
Also, are you using the newest enchanced client patch version?

Last edited:
does it still have the issue if you drag a stackable item and take some of but not all of the pile - does the pile still in your pack disappear?

If we're talking about the same thing, the disappearing item can be found hidden under another item (sharing the same slot), usually the first slot in the pack. If you try to drag that item you will get the missing item under you cursor instead.

The issue should be largely fixed by my recent changes. It does still happen from time to time though, especially when you get "you have to wait to perform another action" while trying to move an item.
I consider it a "known" issue". When it occurs, it usually means the slot where the item used to be is blocked, too.

haha incidentally the crafting I did at the time was fletching. Because this issue has been going on for awhile, my earlier solution was to make sure i always craft item inside a bag (meaning I put the tool (sewing kit, tinker tool etc) inside a pouch or a box, and craft. Items generated will be put inside the bag of which I will dispose when it fills up.

I tried fletching some basic items (bows, kindlings, fukiya) inside a pouch and still couldn't reproduce it.

My fixes are mainly dealing with the removal of items from inventory. I honestly don't know of any issues when crafting an item (adding it to the backpack), although it is possible that these fixes have side effects on adding items as well.

Thanks for picking it up.
There are still a few issues that I couldn't wrap my head around, and the fixes could probably be more efficient code-wise, but I think it's better than nothing.

I'm using the latest ServUO version 0.5 Build 6528.30223 and latest TOL EC version: 4.0.60.46 and i'm having all troubles of the first post and some others like after you killed an mob and opens his inventory, it isn't showing any loot. So i've to close and open it again. Very lag to get from dead mobs inventory, always that i changed on bag, i've to close and re-open the bag...

Any fix, please? It will be perfect if those are fixed.

@santaranger @Dexter_Lexia could you help, please?

Thank you! =)

Last edited:
Hi there is ServUO still alive ?
I'm also having these same problems... Everytime a player dies their inventory is completely messed up. Is there any fix ?

A little help here would be nice...
thanks

Last edited:
Back