ServUO Version
Publish 57
Ultima Expansion
Time Of Legends
Hello I'm having a problem getting my old ServUO build to run properly, it compiles fine but here is the output

ServUO - [ServUO - Ultima Online Emulation] Version 0.5, Build 8443.8766 - Build on 2/12/2023 4:52:12 AM UTC - Release
Core: Optimizing for 8 64-bit processors
Core: Compiled for .NET MONO/CSC/Unknown
Error:
System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Server.RandomImpl' threw an exception. ---> System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'drng64': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
at Server.RDRand64.SafeNativeMethods.rdrand_get_bytes(Int32 n, Byte[] buffer)
at Server.RDRand64..ctor()
at Server.RandomImpl..cctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Server.RandomImpl.get_Type()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)
This exception is fatal, press return to exit

It looks like its looking for drng64.dll which does exist in the root directory of the ServUO install so I'm not sure whats going on here. Can anyone help?

If you're not actually running on MONO, compile using the windows batch file, or build the project using Visual Studio.

You can delete the drng dll's and let the random implementation fall-back.

Depending on how old your ServUO is, it might be worth replacing Random.cs with a newer one, too.

If you're not actually running on MONO, compile using the windows batch file, or build the project using Visual Studio.

You can delete the drng dll's and let the random implementation fall-back.

Depending on how old your ServUO is, it might be worth replacing Random.cs with a newer one, too.
The version is old based on pub57 I believe. I am using the compile WIN batch file, my friend may have modified it a while back. Whats the windows command line to compile for windows?

Back