1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exporting & Importing A Single Spawn

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ce Jayce, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Ce Jayce

Ce Jayce Member

Hi,
    Does anyone know if it's possible to export a single XMLSpawner and Import a single XMLSpawner?
    I know it's possible with quests via the ConfigFile function but no sure about good old regular spawners?

Thanks in advance!

2. Ravenwolfe

Moderator ServUO Developer

Yes, I often do single spawns or multiple spawners associated with a quest. This way I can load and unload the spawners as needed.

The best way to do this is with [xmlfind:

First, I have created an xmlspawner with a name. I cannot emphasize enough the need to name your spawners!!! In this case, it is named TurkeyQuest:

1.jpg

Next, using xmlfind command, you can search for the name of the spawners you are wanting to save:

2.jpg

Now, check the spawners that you are wanting to save so that they are selected:

3.jpg

Now, where it says save to save to file, give it a name. I called mine turkeyquest.xml :

4.jpg

That will save only the spawners you selected into the turkeyquest.xml file. You can then use [xmlload turkeyquest.xml or [xmlunload turkeyquest.xml whenever you want it loaded or unloaded.

Enjoy!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Two Thumbs Up Two Thumbs Up x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Ce Jayce

Ce Jayce Member

Thank you very much! - Never thought to look in XmlFind! Tried just about every other command :p