So I checked the save Folder. All but two folders are left.

(screen Shot Attached )

The thing is, it seems that something may have interrupted the save attempt and that caused the save to fail and lose all the files. Of course i can restore a back up, but for an unattended server to run all day that could be problematic. Is there any way to fix this so it doesn't happen again? I've seen this reported before but nothing was really done to provide preventative measures.

So the last actions before this happened, while in game my toon froze, force closed the client by clicking 'X' , tried logging in again and it would not work. Force closed servuo by clicking the X button as well, when it loaded up again that is when I got that error.

Attachments

• upload_2017-1-6_21-10-23.png
    upload_2017-1-6_21-10-23.png
    7.4 KB · Views: 7
Some things are unavoidable, memory fails, file creation issue, closing/crashing the game while it saves, timer messing up with an item before it saves the values (i doubt about that), etc.

The best that can be done i guess is simply reverting the backup.
If your server runs all day it won't be a problem as long as it saves often.

Sounds like maybe you closed during a save? Is it possible the server was not actually frozen but doing a very long save for some reason?

Honestly yes that could be a big possibility i reverted back to a previous save and have not had the problem again

It should be a VERY rare problem, but there is not much we can do programmatically to solve it. Things happen and a save can get corrupted, its why we always try to have three backups.

Keep an eye out for it doing long saves in the future. I have noticed an occasional long save and I'm trying to track down why. Any reporting would be helpful.

Ravenwolfe, the "freeze" still happens (to my knowledge) based on the honesty item spawning

I have kept honesty disabled since the last issues with saves. I know it's been fixed, but was wondering if anyone runnning a big shard has found it troublesome still.

Ravenwolfe, the "freeze" still happens (to my knowledge) based on the honesty item spawning

Yeah, I was familiar with the Honesty system doing that, I thought that had been fixed however. I've noticed this issue with the very first save that you do as well. Anyone else experienced that?

Back