Not sure if I am posting this in the right spot, but I figure if not, it will get moved.

First off, I am an absolute noob when it comes to programming/script writing for C, C++, or C#. I use to create complex macros using easyuo, but not 100% sure it is applicable here, so I apologize up front if any of my questions or comments are totally off the wall.

Questions:
1. If I change a configuration file, do I need to recompile to update ServUO.exe? If I do need to recompile, then will that mess up the world that already exists? Right now this is on my personal computer to see how running it goes and if the gains are too fast etc.

2. Where is the code for the different resists physical, poison, fire, energy, cold, etc) located, is this in a script file or cfg file and the file name? Is it easy to modify those values. I noticed that when the Staff character was created, they were all at 100.

3. Where is the code for HCI, DCI, etc located?

4. Where is the code for the health in relation to strength formula located?

5. If I change any script, files with .cs, do I need to recompile as in 1 above.

I was trying to go through each folder and file, but it is not intuitive to try and deduce where the code may reside.

Thanks for any information you can provide.

1. No, the config files are read when the server starts. No, recompiling does not mess up your existing world (unless you do it wrong, lol)

2. They are computed in Mobile.cs and PlayerMobile.cs, but it can be difficult to modify in the scripts since the values are based on the equipment, not the player themselves.

3. BaseArmor, BaseWeapon, BaseJewel, etc.

4. Mobile.cs

5. You will need to recompile if you make any changes to files in the Server folder. If the changes are in the Scripts folder, you will not need to recompile. Example: A change to Mobile.cs would require a re-compile. A change to PlayerMobile.cs would not.

The code will be much easier to navigate if you use an IDE such as Visual Studio. You can use the free version here:
https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/products/visual-studio-express-vs.aspx

1. No, the config files are read when the server starts. No, recompiling does not mess up your existing world (unless you do it wrong, lol)

2. They are computed in Mobile.cs and PlayerMobile.cs, but it can be difficult to modify in the scripts since the values are based on the equipment, not the player themselves.

3. BaseArmor, BaseWeapon, BaseJewel, etc.

4. Mobile.cs

5. You will need to recompile if you make any changes to files in the Server folder. If the changes are in the Scripts folder, you will not need to recompile. Example: A change to Mobile.cs would require a re-compile. A change to PlayerMobile.cs would not.

The code will be much easier to navigate if you use an IDE such as Visual Studio. You can use the free version here:
https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/products/visual-studio-express-vs.aspx

Thank you for the information. I downloaded Visual Studio Express.

Back