So I have the correct port forwarding up. They have the correct IP address and port.
I just unzipped it, changed the datapath and the other datapath in the server foldier. Recompiled got rid of the missing files error... I can log in using my IP (not my local).

The port foward works for the RunUO server on 2593, I set the ServUO to 2590. It says listening on the ports so I know thats fine.

The firewall is not the issue because when it popped up on the first time I told it OKAY.

Is there something Im missing, I did not modify anything after the unzip other then the datapath in the 2 sections I needed it to be. I also set the server to run as admin just incase it needed access to the program files (x86)\electronic arts\ultima online classic blah blah directory. If anybody had this issue and has a idea on how to correct it that would be sweet.

Thanks

Edit: Oh to add to this, we are all using the most recent version of the UO client. Do we need an older version?

Edit 2: One friend it says in the Server Window....

Client IPAddress connected
Login IPAddress valid credentials for 'username'
Client: IPaddress disconnected.

While the other is using the Enhanced Client to log in and gets same thing but makes it to the Account 'username' at character list.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are using Windows 7, you may have to go to control panel, Windows Firewall, Click on advanced settings and then click on New Rule. This is where you can tell windows which ports to allow. I went through the same issue a few weeks ago, everything you are experiencing.

went thro this a couple weeks ago ports forwarded firewall open ect ect nobody could connect I use a arris router with portforwarding tool ip had to be set static for others to connect ,, also with ip set dynamic ports would time out or show not open ,, not sure how ip got changed on my end but maybe this will help ,, fought with this a few hours and it turned out to be the simplest thing causing the problem

Back