1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friends Cannot Connect

Discussion in 'Script Support' started by Gizmo, May 14, 2014.

1. Gizmo

Gizmo Member

So I have the correct port forwarding up. They have the correct IP address and port.
    I just unzipped it, changed the datapath and the other datapath in the server foldier. Recompiled got rid of the missing files error... I can log in using my IP (not my local).

The port foward works for the RunUO server on 2593, I set the ServUO to 2590. It says listening on the ports so I know thats fine.

The firewall is not the issue because when it popped up on the first time I told it OKAY.

Is there something Im missing, I did not modify anything after the unzip other then the datapath in the 2 sections I needed it to be. I also set the server to run as admin just incase it needed access to the program files (x86)\electronic arts\ultima online classic blah blah directory. If anybody had this issue and has a idea on how to correct it that would be sweet.

Thanks

Edit: Oh to add to this, we are all using the most recent version of the UO client. Do we need an older version?

Edit 2: One friend it says in the Server Window....

Client IPAddress connected
    Login IPAddress valid credentials for 'username'
    Client: IPaddress disconnected.

While the other is using the Enhanced Client to log in and gets same thing but makes it to the Account 'username' at character list.

#1 Gizmo, May 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2014
  2. Kalamus

Kalamus Active Member

Try adding your IP address to ServerList.cs on this line.
    Code (C#):
    1. public static readonly string Address = null;

• Like Like x 1
    • Two Thumbs Up Two Thumbs Up x 1
  3. Milva

Admin Moderator

If that does not work check this while the server is running http://canyouseeme.org/
    Another question would be are you using a router?
    (I thought the server would need to be set up for enhanced clients?)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Neo

Neo New Member

If you are using Windows 7, you may have to go to control panel, Windows Firewall, Click on advanced settings and then click on New Rule. This is where you can tell windows which ports to allow. I went through the same issue a few weeks ago, everything you are experiencing.