Heamo Goblin submitted a new resource:

Fully patched ML CLient with loads of custom work. - ML Client Art Animations Customs

This was one of my first project clients i had work on day and night when i had a RunUO 1.0 server...
Yes she is old but it is a fully patched client for ML plus it can be used with the IRIS client on top of being able to be used with the Old School 3D client as well!

This client i used to self teach myself how to add in custom Art, Animations, items, etc.

This client is truly packed full of goodies i collected over the years and some are even hand made by myself.

I hope some one can find...

Read more about this resource...

It was the vary first 3D client ultima online came out with i think it was AOS but way before Kingdom reborn took over as being the Enhanced client later on in the SA pack. I found a video vary bad qauilty of the client its the only one i could find sadly haha but here it is.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Post automatically merged:

It can also be used with Iris if you are not sure what that is here is another video of that client also.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

On the second video - Iris 2, unoffical client, that uses models from offical 3d client.

Yes IRIS 2.0 used all the files from the Old 3d client in order to function and everything is included in the client i released you can use 1-3 in total and they are all totally functional. I also broke all the encryption off the client files so you can litterly change the Login.cfg then click the client.exe and play on any server you direct the file to

Yes IRIS 2.0 used all the files from the Old 3d client in order to function and everything is included in the client i released you can use 1-3 in total and they are all totally functional. I also broke all the encryption off the client files so you can litterly change the Login.cfg then click the client.exe and play on any server you direct the file to

you could also pack the whole client up in a custom installer and patcher like we had for that server and use it that way too. Like i said it was released more to help people our and hopefully it will just do that rather its from learning how to add or remove things from it or just look it over and learn how to do it yourself it sat on my hard drive for more then 7 years now and i have no use for it and figured best place to share it would be here! An maybe some one would ask questions an i could help them learn how to do what they wanted with it.

I also forgot to mention their are loads of map edits and custom map areas that we built for our custom client in their so it truly is a piece of work to learn things from i guess.

Last edited:
Oh so. The first mention of the original 3D client I have already registered in the UO Renaissance and Iris version came at the time of AOS. These are the first steps in 3D graphics for online games in the world. * smiles *

Iris - 3D models have a lesser known format but can be edited. I think you could do a blender plugin. I know that this format uses one more game, albeit in a different basic environment. The question now is whether this would have such a good effect. It's a pretty old format.

Oh so. The first mention of the original 3D client I have already registered in the UO Renaissance and Iris version came at the time of AOS. These are the first steps in 3D graphics for online games in the world. * smiles *

Iris - 3D models have a lesser known format but can be edited. I think you could do a blender plugin. I know that this format uses one more game, albeit in a different basic environment. The question now is whether this would have such a good effect. It's a pretty old format.

Yes so vary true! i just figured i know their is some one that will learn something from it or be able to use something from it so i have no use for any of it any longer lolz and have had it for 7+ years.

All models stored in prehistoric .grn files, which can be converted to modern .gr2 ones with special tool, that nobody (I think, even devs of Granny) has atm. So these models can be treated as lost :D

All models stored in prehistoric .grn files, which can be converted to modern .gr2 ones with special tool, that nobody (I think, even devs of Granny) has atm. So these models can be treated as lost :D

Not 110% lost Iris 2 was made in ogre the open source dev tool https://www.ogre3d.org/ if some one can pick through the iris files with some time and knowledge it would truly not be impossible. I remember implementing things into iris with ogre many of times with the client i posted cuz i wanted to pick up development of Iris. Just never had the time due to work and family! Another reason i stepped away from servuo for so long sadly.

Not 110% lost Iris 2 was made in ogre the open source dev tool https://www.ogre3d.org/ if some one can pick through the iris files with some time and knowledge it would truly not be impossible. I remember implementing things into iris with ogre many of times with the client i posted cuz i wanted to pick up development of Iris. Just never had the time due to work and family! Another reason i stepped away from servuo for so long sadly.
I think Iris 2 just using old Granny sdk with .grn support, but it doesn't mean we can still convert models to something modern.

Thus, it cannot convert UO graphics to modern design, such as new 3D games. It will always look like Might and magic, the first of 3D games.

Real life takes precedence and ultima let old woman. 3D ultima wouldn't be that nice.

I agree but it was just something i had sitting around once again more valuable to the shards using heavly edited clients with custom mob animations and art items etc. It was truly fun doing and learning myself and step away from coding for a good fair bit.

I also agree. Everything new, experimental teaches us not only to improve Ultima Online, but also gives experience to other areas of graphics, programming, etc.

This looks awesome! I'm going to start poking at it... Just an FYI, it seems to me that ServUO looks for "Client.exe" to determine allowed version. So, you need that in your client data files. Or maybe I just misunderstand how this all works, but renaming the 2D client to "Client.exe" got it working!

This looks awesome! I'm going to start poking at it... Just an FYI, it seems to me that ServUO looks for "Client.exe" to determine allowed version. So, you need that in your client data files. Or maybe I just misunderstand how this all works, but renaming the 2D client to "Client.exe" got it working!

The client had a custom installer with broken Encryption so it could be launched with jsut the icon that would be placed on your desktop double clicked and ready to play! Thats why the client.exe was removed. I just did not release my custom installer an won't tbh.

But am happy you got it going and enjoy it alot of years were put into making the client finding art putting it in making my own custom art etc it was a fun project and learning experience!

I’m having trouble using this client. The server crashes after I create the owner account. Is there anything that needs to be modified other than my data path? Client looks great from what I’ve seen so far. Going to try it out on Runuo until I can get it working in Servuo

I’m having trouble using this client. The server crashes after I create the owner account. Is there anything that needs to be modified other than my data path? Client looks great from what I’ve seen so far. Going to try it out on Runuo until I can get it working in Servuo
You ever get this sorted?

The server is likely crashing due to a "version" issue... for me, it was trying to run some seasonal events and the gumps for those events did not exist.

Not trying to be funny or saying anything about Heamo, but you don't know what is in those files till you actually run them, could be grabbing your data ect.

Im not a fan of Repack's especially if you don't know the person for real!

Back