it seems humans and end elves can wear gargish armor and clothes on the paperdoll but does not show up on the char

I can't check this until much later- but are you saying a human or elf char can put the armor on with out it rubberbanding back into the pack and stating, only gargoyle can wear this ?
because in each script contains this
return Race.Gargoyle;
}
}
public override bool CanBeWornByGargoyles
{
get
{
return true;

thats what i am saying it stays on the paper doll but doesnt show on the char and says nothing about gargoyles only all but the kilts i can wear

So you must be doing this on a staff char not a player char? I just checked basearmor and it seems to have all the code there to prevent this. But I'm not sure why it would not be for staff also
public virtual Race RequiredRace
{
get
{
return null;
}
}
public virtual bool CanBeWornByGargoyles
{
get
{
return false;
}
}
public override bool CanEquip(Mobile from)
{
if (!Ethics.Ethic.CheckEquip(from, this))
return false;
if (from.IsPlayer())
{
if (from.Race == Race.Gargoyle && !this.CanBeWornByGargoyles)
{
from.SendLocalizedMessage(1111708); // Gargoyles can't wear this.
return false;
}
if (this.RequiredRace != null && from.Race != this.RequiredRace)
{
if (this.RequiredRace == Race.Elf)
from.SendLocalizedMessage(1072203); // Only Elves may use this.
else if (this.RequiredRace == Race.Gargoyle)
from.SendLocalizedMessage(1111707); // Only gargoyles can wear this.
else
from.SendMessage("Only {0} may use this.", this.RequiredRace.PluralName);
return false;
}
else if (!this.AllowMaleWearer && !from.Female)
{
if (this.AllowFemaleWearer)
from.SendLocalizedMessage(1010388); // Only females can wear this.
else
from.SendMessage("You may not wear this.");
return false;
}
else if (!this.AllowFemaleWearer && from.Female)
{
if (this.AllowMaleWearer)
from.SendLocalizedMessage(1063343); // Only males can wear this.
else
from.SendMessage("You may not wear this.");

Just tested this.. As a staff I can equip gargoyle equipment to a human character. As a player I can not equip gargoyle equipment to a human character. So the clean repo files are functioning correctly.

Edit: I used the Staff Orb to change my access level from admin to player. It comes with servuo and can be found in Scripts\Items\- Staff Items

Just to verify @zabad You are using the servuo repo files and have you made edits to your files?

Last edited:
@Hank thanks for the test on this :) I'm surprise this does allow staff to wear also, I mean it won't be seen so it's kind of pointless to allow it. Also the stafforb is in ServUO so any one using this might want to compare the 2
@zabad you must be testing this with a staff char- you would need to create another account with a char for it to be player char :) or use the Staff Orb

Last edited:
Did anyone address the Gargoyle Stone Wing Armor? The graphic used to cause a shard crash, but I'm assuming since no one has reported it that it's been fixed...?

wing.jpg Just tested and was able to add the gargoyle stone armor with no problems :) You had to ask that question right @tass23 lol!
UPDATE: no problem adding this-but....as you can see with this SS
The leather and cloth wing armor look and can be worn-set for layer cloak
But the stone wing armor- is a weird looking line- set for layer gorget
I need to check uofiddler to see if this is really the correct id which is for the wing armor

Could not find art for the stone wing or the plate wing armor in UOFiddler-checked uoguide
and found no information for stone or plate wing armor
Both are in as scripts but can't be crafted- good thing as both ids are not wing armor
platewing.jpg

Last edited:
OH, it was the PLATE armor, oops, sorry. I knew it was one or the other.
I'd have brought this up sooner, but I'm not running ServUO and I don't have much time to test things beyond my own shard.
I attached what I'm using.
You can use the same one for the Stone, just adjust the stats accordingly. There's no MaterialType for Stone either, so I imagine that needs to be addressed...?

Attachments

• GargishPlateWingArmor.cs
    1.5 KB · Views: 9
  • PlateArmor.jpg
    PlateArmor.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 22
I don't think they make stone or plate wing armor any more this is all I found -but the cloth armor was added
Plus stratics has no information either only on the cloth and leather wing armor
Publish 65
*Wing Armor was added to convert the back slot (currently only leather is available) *Players can no longer make stone and plate wing armor or plate talons.
(If there is any one who plays osi, maybe they can check this out )

Well thanks for adding yours if any one would like these wings they can use yours :)
You might consider a release in custom releases- under the SA & High Seas

Is there in existence a deed that can be used to change gargoyle jewelry to human jewelry?

Nope. Alter only changes human/elfs to gargoyle, but maybe you can make a custom system (called for example unalter) that make this change ;)

Back