I'm trying to make Gargoyles usable in the basic sense (No flying or SA features, basically behave just like humans for now.

I have a pre-eixsting gargoyle character from before making the current expansion change, and logging into that character seems to work without issue but I cannot create a new one since making that change.

To rule out external influences, I tried a fresh server distro with only the following changes made:

Line 246 in RaceDefinitions.cs:

Code:
                : base(raceID, raceIndex, "Gargoyle", "Gargoyles", 666, 667, 695, 694, Expansion.None)

Line 15 in CurrentExpansion.cs:

Code:
private static readonly Expansion Expansion = Expansion.None;

I'm looking primarily in ChracterCreation.cs for what else may be preventing me from creating one and nothing seems to be jumping out at me.

Interestingly, I can select elves, even though the required expansion for them in RaceDefinitions is higher than my current, but can not click the next arrow to continue after doing so.
With gargoyles, the radio button does not even change when the button for them is clicked to show that they are selected.

Any pointers or help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm surprised you could create a Gargoyle since the expansion is SA :) Maybe some one who has created these changes can help out.

I'm surprised you could create a Gargoyle since the expansion is SA :) Maybe some one who has created these changes can help out.
Sorry, I created it before making the changes described. I can still login to that character, just not create another gargoyle character after the changes.

Heh. The script that was causing him issues, allows me to do what I want. I can select Gargoyles , and cannot choose post-AOS professions or Elves (All as desired) with Expansion.None and his script.

However, this also forces a lot of the new art in that I may not want, as listed in his thread. It just seems that there should be a better way to do this.

That's good then, works out exactly how you want it :) art won't be seen unless you actually add it in game.

Not quite :). The thread you linked to, it changes the art for many mobiles. That was his intention. Mine is a bit different.

Actually I misinterpreted his post. I did some experimenting last night, and apparently with expansion set to none and latest client, the mobile arts are offset somehow, succubus are harpys, ancient wyrms are dragons, etc. His script fixes that too.

I thought he meant that SA had newer forced Arts. I've been out of the game for too long

I think this script will work. Thank you for the help, Milva

Last edited:
Back